Converting a Doodlebug to a 6.5?

delray

it might be just cheaper to order a motor from costco for 69.97 and pay for the shipping. this still would be cheaper then harbor freight
:scooter:............:thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

here it is,
http://www.costco.com/
no luck finding the engine on sale?,but maybe some of the guys that live in ca. where costco sell it for 69.97 can get a phone number and then call them and see if they can ups one right from the store to your house:thumbsup:
also that web site has store locations and phone# ?
:scooter:.......................

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It has the same standard bolt holes on the side cover like any other small engine. I should work like all the others. This one I did a few weeks ago. It doesn't have a TAV, but one can be bolted to it.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
That engine is only about a 1/2" taller then the Honda, or clones.

Landshark55 that engine has a bad flywheel, and crank. The newer Champions have thicker flywheels, and stronger cranks like the Honda.

I just don't like the shaft mounted rocker setup the new Champions have. It's the only clone to have them. The only bad parts about all the clones are the weaker rods, and rings.

Some clones have factory stronger push rods, and rockers. Stronger then the real Hondas. (If you buy the correct one)

I got this bike for 80 bucks, I was not going to spend a dime on it. I build drag quads and sandrails. I guess I cant leave anything alone. I will get the subaru 7hp and tav 2. I hope it will turn out ok. Do you think it will be hard to hook up the twist throttle?

Got a Costco Nearby?

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521

DARN. I read the entire post and am repeating info. Sorry.

It would be easier to help if we knew where you were. It's extremely easy to put your location in your profile. You don't need to be real specific, if you think you're worth of e-stalking, the state would do. (This isn't directed entirely at you. I'm sure you're sexy and all, but there are a bunch of members here that I have NO idea what country they reside in.)

Last edited: