Converting Walbrow non adjustable carb to adjustable

I have this little generator with the Walbrow bowl carb on a 3.5 horse flatty.. It uses a nice aluminum intake manifold.. Problem is the main jet is not adjustable, and if I want to use the generator, I gotta wire the choke like EXACTLY 23 / 59 shut, or it won't run..

The power went out, and I decided to fix my carb...

after digging some, I found a jet that was almost perfect..

It needs to be very short, as it will crash into the emulsion tubes in the carb body after like 4 or 5 threads.. It needs to be short, and fed from the bottom sides.. Like a tecumseh HS jet only shorter..

This is a pic of the inside of the carb before, all the parts laid out, the adjustable jet I plan to use, and a toothpick broken off into the original fixed pre-sized jet, I plan to use to cork the original jet off..

To convert the carb.. I will have to plug off the original jet.. This is just a VERY VERY small threaded brass tube.. about like a hollow pencil lead, 3/8 inch long, that screws into the main support tube everything is built off from.... To plug it off, I shoved a toothpick into the hole and broke it off flush...

To FEED my new jet, there needs to be a notch cut into the bottom of the post that the bowl tightens down to.. Cutting a a notch, lets fuel flow into the tube, between the tube and the surface of the bowl..

This pic shows how the fuel will enter and leave the new jet..

This pic shows my new jet screwed in as far as it can go, and the notch I cut with a hacksaw blade.. The blue highlight is the area filled with fuel between the bowl and carb body..

Looks like I will have to at least DOUBLE the gaskets between the jet and bowl, or the bowl will be loose..