Correct clutch for tote gote model B?

I just got a salsbury 500 clutch off ebay, hoping it's right for my tote gote. It has a 3/4" straight, keyed bore, but the last part of the shaft (which does not go on to the engine shaft) is threaded. What are the threads for? Do I ignore the threads and use a bolt/washer to attach it to the shaft?

I'm hoping this will still work for me.

mttote

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd follow up and let you know that I just purchased a model B as well and my clutch physically different. Did you make that one work for you?

I'm curious about 1sinners salsbury also. I've used 500's with a 1" shaft but they have no threads - what are they for?
I also recently picked up a model b. It has a 5.75 hp briggs and a climbaway, a stock setup for a later model p. Unfortunately someone cut out the center down tube to make it fit along with the serial # tag! :doah:

james c

I'm curious about 1sinners salsbury also. I've used 500's with a 1" shaft but they have no threads - what are they for?
I also recently picked up a model b. It has a 5.75 hp briggs and a climbaway, a stock setup for a later model p. Unfortunately someone cut out the center down tube to make it fit along with the serial # tag! :doah:

i think the threads are for a puller

Thanks for the info- I have a lot to learn! I still can't find the B's number, the front motor mount is modified. The P frame is PCC-22. One thing I like about the early bike is the narrow frame width.