Craig's List fools...

This lady has an ad , "Red 71 minibike, great shape, just needs chain $150." I call her up and she make it sound like a good runner with a 3 hp B&S, full suspention, jackshaft, hell its practically a musium piece! :thumbdown:

I drive out to the sticks thinking is it a Rupp or what??? This beotch has a rusty ass spray bombed POS sitting out in the yard with a rust in the gas tank, no spark at the plug, no brakes, big motorcycle shocks on the back, a real :censure:

Plus I told her I was on a tight schedule and she stood me up for 40 min and never showed up.... I cant believe this b!tch wasted my time and gas having me thinking this bike was a pristine, running survivor :eek:ut:

She called me later and I offered her $75 and she wants to sleep on it. The bike is a no-name basket case, need I spend more?

Last edited:
She would have been a bigger fool if she sold you a pristine, running survivor for $150. There's no such thing as a no name mini. They all have names, just not always the name you want to hear. If you're buying a name, you're usually not getting a lot better mini, just a better name.

Last edited:
that's why i'll rarely drive out to buy something without seeing pics first. if it's local i might go check it out but won't drive more than 10-15 minutes away.

If you have to drive more than 10 min,,, ASK good questions. If it's not what they said, tell them that and why, then make an offer. If they are an ass about it, do a scam ad on CL about the mini.

I've gotten some killer deals without pics but would like to see them if at all possible, even a cell phone pic.

BTW, it's NOT CL's fault,,,, we are all surrounded by dingbats. :doah:

Last edited:
BTW, it's NOT CL's fault,,,, we are all surrounded by dingbats. :doah:
people don't read. i posted a Harley shift lever on Ebay recently that was cracked by the mounting bolt (off a crashed bike). the guy didn't even realize it was busted when he bought it. people do not read what the sellers write . if i'm going to take the time to write it, you should probably read it.

i almost wish i could only deal with sales outside of the US. even if english isn't their first language i usually have an easier time trying to figure out what they're saying.

i deal with dumb motherhahahahaers on a dailry basis.

tomsprops

I saw a add for a Taco mini on CL ,there was no photo so I told the Dipship to go look @ the Tacominibike site to see what model it was . He said oh it's def. a taco 99. So I headed out Sunday morning @ 6:00 to drive the 2hours each way to buy it. I got there and I couldn't even describe it ! It looked like it was Fabed from Galvinized pipe and wire mesh ! I told the guy he was a ass ! Then he started posting it again for $500. saying it was a Taco ! So I flagged it for about the next mo. 4hrs driving wasted. . . .

I saw a add for a Taco mini on CL ,there was no photo so I told the Dipship to go look @ the Tacominibike site to see what model it was . He said oh it's def. a taco 99. So I headed out Sunday morning @ 6:00 to drive the 2hours each way to buy it. I got there and I couldn't even describe it ! It looked like it was Fabed from Galvinized pipe and wire mesh ! I told the guy he was a ass ! Then he started posting it again for $500. saying it was a Taco ! So I flagged it for about the next mo. 4hrs driving wasted. . . .
:doah:

:clown:

That is a funny story

Sorry about that :001_9898: