ct100u/cc100x/doodlebug

The DMV here in Michigan says anything under 100 CC's counts as a moped, obviously with lights and horn, etc. the ct100u would count as a moped but the ct200u would not. in that case would you recommend the ct100u or the ct200u for a starter minibike? I could also get lights and one of those slow moving vehicle signs (anything under 30 mph).

“Depending on what you want, you may be better off buying a larger bike that has a larger engine and suspension fork. If you buy a small Coleman at $449 and add the suspension fork, you'll have as much in it as what a larger bike with a larger engine and suspension fork would cost. Then, if you decide you want more power and do an engine swap, you'll have even more in it.”

i have the availability of a ct200u but The DMV here in Michigan says anything under 100 CC's counts as a moped, obviously with lights and horn, etc. the ct100u would count as a moped but the ct200u would not. I could also get lights and one of those slow moving vehicle signs (anything under 30 mph). but if i go to my friend house and load it in the car its gonna be alot heavier. also the ct200u has a drum brake compared to the ct100u’s disc brake. (sorry for always asking thongs im just really anxious).

Minibikes are not considered mopeds anywhere in the USA. Get that out of your head. If you want street legal, buy a motorcycle or a scooter.

CT100U is a great little bike. My 10 year old has one and it scares him sometimes. I am 6 feet tall and I ride the heck out of it. It has plenty of power to ride around the farm and the yard. Not a mountain goat, but really a fun reliable bike.

Harquebus

Where did you get those wheels and gas tank?
The fuel tank is generic more or less and can be found anywhere. But the wheels are Azusa 10" steel wheels:
https://azusaparts.com/product-category/wheels/steel-wheels/10-steel-wheels/

That is the manufacturer's website, so you'd be buying directly from the manufacturer but it's worth a shot to shop elsewhere to see if they can be had cheaper.

He was 14 at the time. In the three and a half years since he was last on here, he probably has learned that and much more. ;)

View attachment 308406
Hey, maybe he's trying to build up his post count, or just really bored and loves necro-posting! :p
The other guy is new and had a legitimate question, but didn't know.....