Danford1's - 75 Rupp Roadster2 - (Vintage Class)

This is my 75 Rupp Roadster2 Vintage Class entry.
It is pretty damn complete as it is :) It has the original HS40 that runs good and the lights work!
Someone painted it black and red. I'll repaint it the original Magenta color. I have a new seat cover with new foam, new cables, new brake light switch, new clutch cover, new seat grab bar, all new decal kit etc.
This will be for sale after the build off is over along with some other minibikes.

This should be a very nice bike when done :)

Danford1

75 Rupp Roadster2 Jan 17, 3 26 16 PM.jpg

Good luck and Thanks for participating. Also please refrain from using this build off as a selling tool. What you have now is fine...but leave it at that. Thanks, Bill

Dang, more than 1 bike? I guess I'm just lazy. Lol
LOL. I had 5 bikes I was going to redo this winter but sold a Rupp Roadster2 the other day.
I paint and restore old cars. This winter I don't have a car paint project so it is a good winter for me to restore these minibikes.
I've been collecting parts for a couple months. I have more parts than what are shown in my build pics but the parts are stored away.
I have a car in my garage now that I'm finishing up. Hopefully it will be gone this weekend so I can start on the minibikes :)

This is my first try at restoring multiple minibikes at one time. I know for a fact I'll be busy with them... I hope I can finish all of them in time.

Danford1

Ok, I had a long day tearing down 2 Rupp's for the build off. Things just don't come apart as easy as one would think...

Here is a picture of the 75 Roadster2.
I'm putting together a shopping list of needed parts.

Danford1

Roadster2 tear down.JPG

I've been buying parts. I just received an order from Black Widow. This build will have a lot of new parts :)
I started a paint color thread and now I know the correct Magenta color for it. I'm starting to sand the old paint off and grind down some welds. I'll be adding pictures to this thread very soon.

Danford1

Thanks for the comments guys :)
I have painted and restored a few show cars in my time... I like to paint things and make them smooth and shiny.
Minibikes are SOoooooooo much easier and faster to paint then cars... I may have to find a few more to paint and then sell.

Danford1