Dans First Build - 6.5 hp mini bike

Somehow an over revving engine with flywheel that could grenade sounds fun. Sorta mythbusters like - lets see what happens when I don't use this, only problem is it right between your legs where the um :censure: are.:laugh:

Last edited:
Somehow an over revving engine with flywheel that could grenade sounds fun. Sorta mythbusters like - lets see what happens when I don't use this, only problem is it right between your legs where the um :censure: are.:laugh:
Yep, there was a video of a grenaded flywheel stickyed on this site. Go under the doodlebug mini bike section I think it is in there. It sounds cool until you see the results. :thumbsup:

Clay forgive my ingnorance - maybe I should post a engine thread.
The black knob that comes out of the top af the carb in your photo is in the closed \ idle position and so is your throttle lever.
On my engine right now the throttle lever is Closed , but my black crad knob is all the way open, when i start the motor the govener lever seems to pull the carb knob to idle, but the throttle lever is so sensitive if I open it the engine just stalls \ floods
Do you think my springs could not be set right?
If your tank is off may I please request a pic including the Govenor lever so I can see where the springs are connected.

Thanks for the help so far:thumbsup:

PISSED of with myself, during the week I rushed into the shop to measure the accelerator cable, was sitting onthe bike with a piece of string looking at the motor on the ground next to the bike " the wrong Fn way round and ordered the throttle cable to short it had to go round the back of the engine the connect.
So all i can to the weekend is set the chain length and weld on foot pegs.:angry:

Clay look at these motor pics and see if i botched something please
[/url]
[/url]

Last edited:
Okay, I will get more pics for you Tank, it is no problem. You know the black spring on your motor that hook to the throttle lever? I have mine in the middle hole of the 3 there on the governer arm. Also, I always put a spring that hooks to the governer arm and to the shroud so that it pulls the throttle closed because on my other engine I have had problems with it revving up on its own. I will get pics. :thumbsup:

Here are the pics of how I have my throttle and governer linkage set up on my clone. This engine hasn't been ran in a bike yet, but I have a clone in my other bike and I have it set up the same. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

By the way I took the spring that is hooked to the back of the governer arm and shroud off, my other clone needed it but this one doesn't. :thumbsup:

Pics of the bike as she stands at this point, Engine in and hooked up and TESTED. This was my first time on a mini bike last thing I rode was a KLR 650.
I learnt a few very valuable points.
1: I know why they call it a hard tail without a seat and knobly's it was an experiece
2: These little bikes move incredibly FAST
3: Foot pegs would be nice
4: BRAKES definitly need them lost half the tread on my boots trying to stop - was like bearfoot skiing on tar.

Clay springs worked like a charm. and the Govenor still kicks in as required:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

Yep William keeps asking for a ride, have to tell him to wait till I have all the guards on and a seat.
Still a quick spin on his gokart with dad and he's right as rain.

Watched the video - good job. I think a scaled down mini for your son would be cool.

One question comes to mind though, where are y'alls trees?

Ha Believe it or not I stay on the border of our little town skwished between the city and farm land. The Suburb is fairly new ± 10 years old so the trees are still growing.
Will take a pic from the top of the mountain we live next to really beautifull.

Glad you guys like the video thought I might have to do some Evil Knievel stunt to impress you boys in the States and Canada
:laugh:

Ha Believe it or not I stay on the border of our little town skwished between the city and farm land. The Suburb is fairly new ± 10 years old so the trees are still growing.
Will take a pic from the top of the mountain we live next to really beautifull.

Glad you guys like the video thought I might have to do some Evil Knievel stunt to impress you boys in the States and Canada
:laugh:
I loved your little giggle at the end. I did the same thing after my first ride on my bonanza. Great job on the build.