DB30 build progress

Well guys i finally picked up a db30 off craigslist the other day and im having a lot of fun in stock form but im ready to do the hf 6.5 swap. I have a few questions first...

Can I use a dirtbike throttle with the 6.5 motor?
Also what are my other kill switch options?

C9H13NO3

Well guys i finally picked up a db30 off craigslist the other day and im having a lot of fun in stock form but im ready to do the hf 6.5 swap. I have a few questions first...

Can I use a dirtbike throttle with the 6.5 motor?
Also what are my other kill switch options?
What do you mean by dirtbike throttle? As for the kill switch options, you can buy a kill switch from OldMiniBikes.com - Discount & Replacement Mini Bike Parts that mounts directly to your handlebars.

It just seems like the stock db30 throttle has a lot of play in it. I have to twist mine back about halfway before it actually starts engaging the throttle on the motor. I was thinking of the dirtbike setup because how they return back to closed throttle when you let go of the grip. Is the stock throttle going to do the same thing with a 6.5 hp engine?

C9H13NO3

It just seems like the stock db30 throttle has a lot of play in it. I have to twist mine back about halfway before it actually starts engaging the throttle on the motor. I was thinking of the dirtbike setup because how they return back to closed throttle when you let go of the grip. Is the stock throttle going to do the same thing with a 6.5 hp engine?
No, that is just the slop in the cable. If you get a mikuni carb you can hookup the throttle in about 5 minutes. Slide the cable in, screw the top on, and go:thumbsup:

ive done the same thing 6.5 on a db and all u got to do is take a tighter spring bend the ends and attach in the stock throttle on the 6.5 or u can take an extra spring and attach in the throttle lever and on the exast to make it return nicely as i did on mine