Death of Tecumseh

Motra

Unfortunately it's true, Tecumseh's closing up shop by years end. The engine division is gone for sure and the transmission division is still up in the air. They opened a factory in Brazil that cost a fortune and soon afterword the dollar went to shit. They couldn't recover from that and now they're going the way of the Dodo bird. Let us now bow our heads and have a moment of silence..............................

I guess I better buy up the parts to rebuild the 4 or 5 engines that I have for that Old School look on the two Powell's and the two Bonanza's. The H and HS series have been around for so many years parts should be out there.
Steve :scooter:

jeep4me

I just talked to my local small engine guy and he said that just the small engine production will close up. The compressor, transmission and other divisions will still be in operation. Due to the new US regulations regarding 2-stroke engines, (as of Jan. 1, 2009 -- NO LOW RPM 2-STROKES WILL BE PRODUCED) this forced Tecumseh to shut down their engine division because the 2-stroke engine was 35% of their business.

Oldsalt

I just talked to my local small engine guy and he said that just the small engine production will close up. The compressor, transmission and other divisions will still be in operation. Due to the new US regulations regarding 2-stroke engines, (as of Jan. 1, 2009 -- NO LOW RPM 2-STROKES WILL BE PRODUCED) this forced Tecumseh to shut down their engine division because the 2-stroke engine was 35% of their business.
Hope the folks that supported the eco-nazi 2 stroke ban take note of the unforeseen consequences. Another in a long list of foolish s**t the government, supported by the limp-wrested liberals, did to save us. Good grief. How many snow blowers and dirt bikes are there in comparison to cars in general? It'll get worse, hide and watch.

its all the guys on here buying those damn chinese clones instead of american iron :hammer: Never really liked tec engines anyway maby itll mean more buisness for briggs. Hopefully they dont go out too now that would suck