Device between carb and air filter box MB200

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum I'm new here.

I noticed my new Baja MB200 has this little canister w/ clear tubing and stopper that is installed between the carb and the air filter box.

The rubber hosing that is used to connect this device between the carb and air filter box has to be crammed in a small area and looks kind of crimped, the whole thing looks like a big restriction on the air getting out of the air filter box to the carb.

What purpose does it server? What would happen if I removed it and just connected the carb directly to the air filter box?

Thanks.

buckeye

It is so you don't pollute the air. Burns off junk and fumes.
A lot of folks do away with the carb connection and just put a small filter on the hose from the breather.

Last edited:
Actually after a second look, one side connects to a hose coming from the valve cover and one side connects to the air box.

Does removing it improve anything or does it not create any restrictions with it inline?

If I were to remove it I'm guessing I'd plug the hole in the airbox where the hose used to connect to it, but what about the hose coming from the valve cover?

You need the hose from the valve cover , when you install an air filter kit then you install the small breather filter as Buckeye stated . this hose does not need to be connected to the stock air box but there is no reason to unhook it , you need to get rid of the stock air box and let the engine breath , the whole stock assembly is very restrictive . Keep in mind if you let more air into the engine it's good to let more out ( install a header ) and more air requires more fuel thus the need to re-jet ! It's all truly simple and will awake the engine nicely !
Hopefully you can see the breather filter on these bikes ?

I'm not a Baja expert so I don't know what engine you have , I'm assuming a clone of some sort , all parts at OldMiniBikes , air filter # ARCAIRKITP , headers are 8" under seat # KPHCMBTS or 11" #KPHCMBS , jet kit # ARCJETKIT , or a whole fancy kit ( which I don't buy ) # PREDMINKIT , it's for a Predator but I believe compatible w/most clones . When I do these mods to a Predator I re-jet my carbs to .038 which is a #62 drill bit , very easy to drill em out yourself , search the threads a lot of info on all this stuff ! The small breather filter is a Spectra and you get that at auto parts store :thumbsup:

All the Mods are in Windber I guess , so I'll tell you this post should be in the Doodle Bug / Baja Section ? Newbies get one Break I think :laugh: