Difference Between Rupp and Rupp2 engine?

I was woundering what the diffence between a rupp motor and and a rupp 2 motor? And was looking to maybe buy a rupp 2 motor and was woundering if that would fut on a roadster? The motor that is on it is a HS40-55282B:hammer:

Yea that fixed itput new points and a condeser and cleaned up some more and now it sparks like a champ. Still woundering what was the difference between Roadster and Roadster 2. The one I'm working on is 1970 and the gas tank says Roadster on the side.

richs

as far as I know the collor the 70 roadster is gray and the roadster 2 is black the shaft langth should be the same up till you get into the 73,74 then the engine is a diffrent set up it has a squared shroud top and a steel flywheel with plastic fins

1970 Rupp roadster had a slightly different frame/fork and 10 inch spoked wheels from the 1971 and up Rupp Roadster2 as they were relabeled, 1971 bikes had 12 inch spoke wheels,and internal springs in the fork,longer swing arm, they were redesgin from 1970 Roadster.

Thank you guys that helps a lot. Like I said I was working on A 1970 Rupp Roadster. My grampa bought it for my dad when he was a kid, but it has been in the corner of shop for better than a decade. And seen that there was a lot of roadster 2 parts on ebay. Thanks again:smile: