Different carbs

People are fixated carbs and its always the same 3 issues with them
The jets for the OEM carbs and drill them swap E tubes and otherwise screw them up in a steep learning curve.
They buy tillotsons racing carbs and fret over turning screws and trying to make them idle.
They buy slide carbs and fret over jetting.

You can buy a real good quality intake from ARC that lets you bolt on a Tilley, but this intake will allow you to use just about any carb that fits the standard flange.
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bmikarts.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2FA6876_2.jpg&f=1
You can use one of any number of Tillotsons, Walbro, Carter, even a Kohler or Tecumseh carb if you like

You can solder together an intake with aluminum rods and propane torch and salvage the carb off just about any old flat head that's under 400cc.
Even a GX390 carb can be used they work really good too ( but you need the right intake and that is not on a standard flange ).

There are adjustable jet kits for the OEM Honda style carbs too.

Think outside the box and don't be afraid to experiment.
If you have scrap engines with screws that turn odds are you can adapt them to a clone.

Winston you are so right , I just put a clone carb on my HS50 with a custom manifold and some epoxy port shaping .
And the difference from the stock TEC carb was night and day . Everyone should try outside the box.

Winston you are so right , I just put a clone carb on my HS50 with a custom manifold and some epoxy port shaping .
And the difference from the stock TEC carb was night and day . Everyone should try outside the box.
Oh Mr. Wolf you crazy guy, your supposed to go the other way and put the tech carb on the clone lol.

Thinking outside the box is what makes things fun lol

On the carb adaptor note , I have a long length of 1/2" x 2" aluminum flat bar that has served me well making adaptor plates
Its easy to work with and drills and taps great
I usualy use allen head cap screws that can be counter sunk on the back