DIY - Frayed throttle or brake cable fix

Anyone know how the FACTORY attatches the barrels/ball to the cable???
they are "swaged" on under tons of force....

as metalman mentioned above, don't attempt to solder on the brake cable end...unless of course your life insurance is all paid up and you have me named as the primary beneficiary :thumbsup:

nice tip :thumbsup: i do this too , one thing tho you may have more trouble if the cable has been used getting a clean solder nub . clean the end with carb spray ,then dip in plumbing flux and solder .
another cheap trick i was shown put a wrap of tape where you want to cut the cable and cut throw the tape . the tape will help keep it from fraying out on ya .
It took me a while to figure that one out. Wire kept fraying on me and driving me nuts. Im starting to learn some cool tricks from all you guys!

Nice tip! My Brake cables are usually fraying on the inside. I have a scrambler and I need a new cable cause it's fraying in the cover and breaking at the very end near the wire stop, and next to the drum. I cant find any in OldMiniBikes, or here. Those are the only 2 websites I can actually TRUST. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!

Hey MB

Awesome tip and video, Instead of tape and heat shrink, I solder where I want to cut, only do about a 10mm piece, then cut in the middle of this. No fayed ends on iether side works well if you make your own cables and your working off a coil on inner wire.

Nice one though:thumbsup: