Don't weld in only your boxers directly over gasoline.

hojo

Yuuuupppppp:facepalm:
Yesterday I was up till 4am in only my boxers welding and make a rear seat for my mini. All was going good until I tipped my bike over to do some welding underneath the tubing. Apparently the gas tank leaks when the bike is tipped over on its side. After laying on its side for 5 mins, there was a good pool of gasoline on the ground and over the frame. Unaware of the gas puddle, I put my mask on and started to lay down a bead. Then all of a sudden, Fire!. The puddle on the ground caught on fire first then it caught part of the tire and frame on fire. I panicked and grabbed a rag and quickly put out the fire before it got close to the engine. :censure:
No injuries occurred :thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You was just being a little careless, with some spare time on your hands.

When I find myself being bored I tend to go out in the garage and do stuff without thinking much.

People are making jokes but nothing about this is funny.

You need to work durring day hours ( not at night when your tired and probably need sleep ).
If your board at night get some paper and a pencil and work on figueres and drawings.

Welding in your underware in an unprepared work area leads to mistakes accidents and damage to things.

Enough said....

No.....

Before you work at something with the potential to casue real damage or injury.

ASK
Do I have the right skill to do this.
Do I have the right tools PPE.
Check work place is it clean and in a state that will result in your best work?
ASK yourself as you do what ever it is your task is ( this is a sort of stop and look around thing ) Am I working safely, can I continue like this without getting hurt or causing a fire or injury to someone else.
End of state workplace, clean up put things away and tidy up/

This is how you work, on the job or at home....
Most people who are injured or have accidents get into trouble because they don't follow those 5 simple rules I just wrote....
Learn to think that way and you will get old and gray with all your fingers and home intact.

am I the only one to sit here and wonder and the welding burn he got while welding. I was welding when i built my vw trike in shorts ans tshirt and was red for 2 weeks after that. Hurt worse than any sun burn I ever had.

oldfatguy

am I the only one to sit here and wonder and the welding burn he got while welding. I was welding when i built my vw trike in shorts ans tshirt and was red for 2 weeks after that. Hurt worse than any sun burn I ever had.
exactly, the intense light from welding will give you sun burn. Also, the hot sparks on his bare legs must have been fun too

Man drives down a road and has an accident.

He dies HA HA HA HA ....

Thats about the level this thread is sinking too
Sorry but really???
Let's feel sorry for the guy who does the worlds dumbist things???

OK, man drives down the road while the car is on fire while drunk while snow covers the windshield and dies, WHO'S FAULT IS IT?????
I'm betting you cry for every person in America's dumbist home videos?

The weakest gene pool usually kills itself.

But I am happy this guy didn't get hurt!
Live to die another day!

I never said we should feel sorry for him.
I even sugested he should consider some of the Niel George safety priciples about how to do something and not get hurt.

But you make light of things, and more people add things like flash burns....

People laugh at this?
What's next should we start a jack ass thread and see if we have any minibike fabrication or driving related dumness we can award for the best low brow cheap laugh resulting in a death?

Perhaps I am not in the best frame of mind for this right now since another man has died at work ( up to three and the year aint over ).
I know people make mistakes but.....

AW *&%&$*$^* it!

Do you really think this guy started this thread thinking wow, I bet every OldMiniBikes member has done this so they will all understand!

And no, I am not making a light hearted comment but when someone does something dumb someone needs to slap him against the head and say be smarter!!

Last edited: