doodle bug head light

is there a way that i can mount a head light to my db 30 i have a 6.5 hp engine (honda clone) i am useing a little head flaslight things and its not doing the job i would like something to actually light up the road so i can see. :shrug:

gbabins1

The 6.5 clones do not have a lighting coil...so you'll have to use something with batteries or get the lighting coil/ flywheel. I use a headlamp light like you're talking about... mounted to the hole where the front fender mounts to. It's pretty bright I think it was like $28 at Lowes or H. Depot. Some of the smaller ones don't throw off enough light.

HF 12V work light and a battery from a APC back up power supply. The headlight lights up the whole street and lasts 1.5 - 2 hours

one day I'll make a battery tray and mount it under the engine in front of the rear wheel

I used
-LED fog light for headlight 12v
-atv turn signal kit 12v
-trailer brake/tail light 12v
-130 db horn 12v
- 2 6v 7ah sealed batteries wired in series(liberated from those emergency exit signs you see over doorways)

The batteries are small enough(4" x 8" x 1"?) to lay on their side and mount under the seat. I doubt I've ridden it for more than an hour per charge but the lights are still bright when I get home. And the horn scares the crap outta people :devil2:

fonz

Last edited:
The 6.5 clones do not have a lighting coil...so you'll have to use something with batteries or get the lighting coil/ flywheel. I use a headlamp light like you're talking about... mounted to the hole where the front fender mounts to. It's pretty bright I think it was like $28 at Lowes or H. Depot. Some of the smaller ones don't throw off enough light.
Does the factory 97cc engine have a lighting coil?

Ok, which all the newer type of led lights out there, there's gotta be something that doesn't need a big ass battery mounted to the bike...

Cool. Any pics at night and where you mounted? Does it light of the road decent? Very cool that it's rechargable.
I dont have pictures but I got the idea here from member LS Customs. He posted several pictures and a youtube video. The battery pack is pretty small and has a velcro strap. Three stages of brightness and usually I put it on the middle one and its more than enough light.

I dont have pictures but I got the idea here from member LS Customs. He posted several pictures and a youtube video. The battery pack is pretty small and has a velcro strap. Three stages of brightness and usually I put it on the middle one and its more than enough light.
Ordered the kit, will post video when it comes. Its starting to get dark earlier.

Bought a Cub Cadet snow blower over the winter
(best single stage cub cadet offers)has a headlight
on it and motor is like a predator if someone could get a part
number for this coil I think this coil could be used
on a predator just throwin this out there i have owners
manual but im not home right now.hope this helps
people in their quest for a headlight