doodle bug head light

I haven't timed it but definitely longer than 30 minutes. I've only charged it one time in 5 months. My son swipes it and it uses it on his bike often. Life probably depends on which setting as well. I usually run it on the middle intensity. I'll give it a full charge then time the run time for you

Camjamsdad , how much run time you get out of your headlights ?? It says 30 min , just doesn't seem that long ??
OK before I charge it I decided to run it down. I last charged it about 7 weeks ago. It's been driven 2 short night runs and the other night I lit it for a few minutes to take pics of the levels of light, which all came out looking the same. Anyways I turned to it on at 7:59 and its still lit bright. Hot as heck too. 33 minutes so far plus the previous times I'll lowball at 15 minutes. This is on mid power which is what I ride with

Ok I have an idea what the 30 minutes is. After 1 hour its still bright as heck with no sign of dimming. But............... it's hotter than you can imagine. The body is a heat sink with fins to disperse heat. Sitting still in the hot garage for an hour made me think about it. I don't want to burn it up. I feel it would easily do 90 to 120 minutes or more unless it fried. I'll hit the battery pack with a multimeter and see what the voltage is left in the pack.

Last edited:
Cool , don't fry it ! Lol , good input and thanks ! I'm gonna order it , how long it took to get it from China or did you find an American source ?

I ordered the lights today , $25.99 complete from a dist. in New Jersey , free shipping too , I'll let yall know how I like em next week :thumbsup:

My lights just arrived ! Super fast shipping , I'm gonna tell you with out trying them on the bike at night yet , these things look awesome and appear to be a really nice set up for $25 :thumbsup:

My lights just arrived ! Super fast shipping , I'm gonna tell you with out trying them on the bike at night yet , these things look awesome and appear to be a really nice set up for $25 :thumbsup:
I'm still trying to run mine down. I did another 30 burn and 50 minutes yesterday. It would be easy to say you get hours out of a single charge but there's the heat issue.

I like the ease of installation. Stretch an print around a handle bar for the light then velcro the battery pack to the frame in front of the seat. Kid swipes it for his mountain bike if he's night riding. They also sell a headband where you can make a miners type light

Ebay , seller was OverMall , 5000Lumen2XCREE XM-L U2 LED , item # 131236506366 , that's the best I can tell you , ordered Fri , got em today ! Thanks Camjamsdad !
Don't thank me. LS Customs reviewed them, and I bought mine based mostly on his video. I also watched a video of the light on a bicycle and I was sold.

Mine is mounted on the handle bar cross piece but I'm thinking if I had 2 I would put 1 on either side of the main frame.

They mount with a big one ring. Set the base on something round, hood one end of the o ring to the base, wrap the o ring around a round pipe then hook the o ring to the other side of the base. It will go anywhere. Handle bar, frame tube, even a foot peg if you felt like it. Currently mine is on the cross bar between the handle bars. I think I'm going to get a second one and have one on each side of the frame down low.

I think those are pretty cool Jason , I'm not believing 200 hours on AA batteries though , hey its worth a try . The ones I got are incredible , I'll try to take some pics tonight !