Doodlebug acceleration help.

Hey, can anyone help me with my doodlebug's acceleration? It is really bad. I already removed the governor and am getting good speed, though. Thanks.:hack::doah::hammer:

bigger sprocket smaller tire but that'll kill top end, but like Strigoi said engine swap and if you really want to accelerate, add a tav to that it's a kick in the pants( caution if you add a tav be careful your first time punching the gas)

you gotta pay to play, going faster costs money.

it's not even worth it for an adult to mess around with the stock 2.8hp motor. they're made for kids.

So basically I have to push or get a new engine right? There's no adjusments to be made like with the speed governor or something? By the way I am a kid. I only weigh 105lbs. Also does anyone know what top speed is for the 2.8hp 97cc 4-stroke?

if you're only 105lbs the 2.8 should do ok with you on it. if you just disconnected the governor be careful about winding it out. it will only be a matter of time before the motor lets go. did you remove all the internal governor parts?

Your best bet is to get a larger rear sprocket. You'll have to have it drilled for the correct bolt pattern. Don't get one that's too large, just a little larger so you can get better acceleration without sacrificing too much top end speed. Have fun!:scooter:

If your running a "drag" race give a good push with your legs, It helps a little, (flintstone start)

The little motors are no where near the fastest in the world, You may wanna look into a stock clone with the governor intact, 100 bucks + the kit around here, and your all set,

What do you mean the internal parts? I thoght it was just the screw where the throttle cable connects! That did help, though.
there's a gear assembly and washers inside the case. if it's just bypassed by disconnecting all the throttle parts, the pieces can fall inside the case.

this shows how to properly do it and shows the internal pieces.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/govenor-removal.php

if you remove all the pieces there will be two holes in the case. you can just screw a 1/4-20 set screw into each one. it will self tap. be sure to clean up any shavings that may get into the engine.

Last edited: