DoodleBug hydraulic brake

They fit the stock wheel perfect. I've heard you have to shim with some wider tires. I have stock tires on one and Carlisle scorpions on another with no clearance problems

They fit the stock wheel perfect. I've heard you have to shim with some wider tires. I have stock tires on one and Carlisle scorpions on another with no clearance problems
Excellent bro... i think im about to order these.

Ill be useing my stock caliper bolts on the new ones too?

OK guys, I've been asked to provide info as to where and how we set-up our DB with a rear hydraulic brake. Believe it or not I've attempted a couple of times to post this and after spending 30+ minutes typing it all out, it's disappeared. So I'ma try again!!!

We got our rear set-up from www.partsforscooters.com. Got to the search bar and enter in brakes, it'll take you to a page with lots of different styles, you may find one you like better. THIS is the one we got X18 4-stroke pocket bike brakes, hydraulic brakes, chinese pocket bike parts, 4-stroke 110cc brake parts.

In all honestly, it couldn't be much simpler than removing the old stock stuff and bolting on the new. The bracket bolt spacing, I believe is like 50-52mm and the caliper is advertised as 51mm, ours fit perfectly. I even used the stock DB allen head bolts. After install, I would recommend re-bleeding the system, but it does come sealed and seems to have been bled from the factory, I just usually don't trust stuff to be done for me, like that, so I bled it myself. I don't have any install pics, I thought we had taken some but apparently not. I do however have some I took today.

I weigh 350+ and I can gaurantee that this will stop you dead nuts. In the grass from full bore, it WILL fish tail and all but put you on your ass. I've used scrub, band and probably every other type stock style brake out there over the years, and this one is the best.

Yes the tire is flat, and yes there are a few bolts missing from the disk, I've really not ridden the thing in probably 4 months.

I have one of these for sale for a Doodlebug.

Brand new, never used.

Handle, stainless line, caliper, pads, all pre assembled and factory bled.

Just need the disc and mount.

jays0n

I have them on two different bikes and haven't had any trouble. Only issue was getting them lined up on the stock bike, the bracket was clearly welded on wonky. The other bike I welded on the bracket and mocked it up with the caliper so it was straight and didn't need shimming.