DoodleBug hydraulic brake

i'm impressed with partsforscooters.com.

i had a shipping confirmation email within about 4 hours of ordering. they're right up there with AGK for getting stuff out to you.

great Idea i definitely need to do this I spent so much on going fast it's time to think about stopping fast, it'll also probably save me money in the long run on worn shoes

fonz

I ordered two today. And the plus side is it looks like it uses the same pads as the stock DB brake. That's good because I had about 6 pairs on hand.:scooter:
Thanks again rudedog!

Last edited:
No, the trike never got finished. Once my brother got hurt on the thing (test ride) he basically said f-kit. I put the stock DB front tire back on it and it seemed to turn better. But still you had to lean way out the opposite direction of the turn. He didn't feel comfortable doing that as big as we are, he thought he was going to fall off. It's been sitting out in the back yard waiting for me to mess with it some more. Last time he talked about it he was planning on making it a quad.

The company link in the first post will get you a front brake assembly as well. But you'll have to fabricate a front mounting bracket, like whats on the rear. You'll also probably need to use another rear wheel as it'll have the mounting flange for the disk. Other than that it shouldn't be too hard. A little cutting, welding and grinding and you're there.

I seen Cjtmini had a front break set up with a rear tire in front can't see why one of these won't work after alot of :grind::hack::weld: but good luck finding a rear tire

Tom, that is actually the unit we recieved first, supposedly it was "boxed wrong". As for leakage, we've had no leakage from ours. The small master cylinder on the handle assembly has a small o-ring on it just like a regular motorcycle.

I want the hyd. brake for the front but the line is only 21 inches long. I need a hyd. line about 30-35 inches long.........I'll keep searching.

$45 for the brake set up + shipping then a longer hyd. line :censure:

the stock type cable brake/caliper set up on the front works pretty good, it will be alot of $$$ to hook one up on the front

It would be sweet with front and rear juice brakes on the mini!

Tom S

Thanks for posting on the short brake line. I need to do some more digging as I think having a front brake would be darn smart esp on a bike that can get to cooking along.

Tom

my caliper showed up and i got it put on today. it was a straight bolt on but i did have to use a couple of washers to space it out a bit. i still haven't tried riding it with it and it needs more fluid. i'm going to give it a go this weekend and see how well it works.

i also managed to get the grip off in one piece. i thought i was going to have to cut it off, but with a bit of effort it slid off.

yes, my tank is zip tied on again. i'm going to try to find some straps this weekend and mount it under the the top part of the frame. i also need to shorten the kill switch wire. :doah:

Last edited:
A trick I use to get grips off is to use an air nozzle and blast some air between the grip and the tube. One of these pistol grip nozzles from Harbor Freight works well, but anything that lets you get between the rubber and the metal handle would do fine. You just keep blasting the air in there and working it around while pulling on the grip. Makes it alot easier.

A trick I use to get grips off is to use an air nozzle and blast some air between the grip and the tube. One of these pistol grip nozzles from Harbor Freight works well, but anything that lets you get between the rubber and the metal handle would do fine. You just keep blasting the air in there and working it around while pulling on the grip. Makes it alot easier.
that's the easiest way to do it. it's hard to do without a compressor though. :doah:

edit: it looks like we bought all the caliper setups they had. :laugh:

Last edited:
The easiest way to remove a hand grip is to use brake cleaner.
Slip the small red straw under the grip. You only need to get it under the grip ¾ of an inch or so. Spray a drop or two and the grip will slide right off. Brake cleaner is also designed to not harm rubber. The brake cleaner will evaporate so quickly, you will need the cleaner again to slide the grip back on.