Doodlebug problems ?

Every now and then I read on threads about Doodlebugs having problems and they should be removed from the market. I am talking about the older ones of course. I believe there is not enough data on the new ones.I really can't find definite reasons why. Does anyone know these reasons, or is it just people pis%&d :)censure:) off about the design of the bike. The reason why I ask, I am currently doing a some what restoration on one. It is a Dirt Doodle with a built flathead. My curiosity has got me ......

No problems , the big tire Baja's ( MB-165 , MB-200 , etc ) have a crappy engine plate and terrible brakes , the olderDB-30 is fine other than the underpowered engine which nobody uses anyways ! Build away they are a blast !!

X-2 chipper is dead on !
No problems , the big tire Baja's ( MB-165 , MB-200 , etc ) have a crappy engine plate and terrible brakes , the olderDB-30 is fine other than the underpowered engine which nobody uses anyways ! Build away they are a blast !!

I don't think the average purchaser of these bikes is set up to re-weld engine plates, or swap engines. The average consumer assumes that what he buys is adequate to whatever task, without major modification. The average consumer also probably doesn't read the small print where it says "under 16 years old, under 135 pounds."

Sears.

If I were an alien anthropologist I would presuppose those $80-150 Doodlebugs we find in Craigslist are from all those "average purchasers" who realized they bought a useless POS. Not being freaks of nature (like us who have the vision and maybe even the chops) to turn it into something more, they load up CL and eBay with our favorite toys in like new condition- cheap! Something like an evolution process in there.....:huh:

Last edited:
If I were an alien anthropologist I would presuppose those $80-150 Doodlebugs we find in Craigslist are from all those "average purchasers" who realized they bought a useless POS. Not being freaks of nature (like us who have the vision and maybe even the chops) to turn it into something more, they load up CL and eBay with our favorite toys in like new condition- cheap! Something like an evolution process in there.....:huh:
From an anthropological perspective, they're up there with the 1985 Chrysler Lebaron. With a hemi. From China. :repuke:

10399644_f520.jpg

The only thing I really don't care for is the way they welded the bottom of the frame together. The welds are on both sides? At least mine are. The frame is really off where the two pieces meet. Other than that I like it. It's big enough for me and I'm 220 lbs. and six foot. I am currently putting on a 5 horse flat head with a cam onto her, she should hold .....:thumbsup: