Driving a Sears/Manco puddle jumper like I stole it!

I bought a used mini for my girls (me) back in the 80's. It was a Sears/Manco puddle jumper. Did not know that til I stumbled across OldMiniBikes. I rode my girls many miles on that jumper. After they both learned to ride I bought another mini so we could ride together. I took below pic of my youngest girl from the jumper. What is the mini my Daughter is riding in pic? The jumper was stolen (neighborhood thugs), butt I still have the other one in pieces stored somewhere in a barn at the farmhouse in Westover. I was thinking about entering the "2013 Buildoff" and using that mini. To repeat myself, does anyone know what the mini in pic is? Can I enter the Build-off using that bike if I can gather up the parts? Thanks Guys...

markus

pic is knda blurry but the tire size makes me think it maybe a Kawasaki Coyote....these pics thanks to member Motra BTW:

Gotta love this.........

Thanks buckeye, I hope that is still the case. Looks like, and I remember the fenders as chrome. I'm going home this weekend to spend the winter months close to my Mom. I have better work area and can at least start the project even if I can't get in the build-off. I looked for info on BO butt did not find. Is there a Q&A on how? I wonder if there might be a name stamp/logo somewhere on the bike? huh...:shrug: Would like to know what it is...Thanks again

old-timer

Scamming Member
Not sure what the bike is, but yes you can enter the build off no problem. You just have to enter your pic of the bike/parts along with a sign showing your user name and class you picked, along with the secret item which is a soda or beverage can/bottle.

You have until the end of Jan to enter. We'd love to have you join in with us:thumbsup:

Vic

pic is knda blurry but the tire size makes me think it maybe a Kawasaki Coyote....these pics thanks to member Motra BTW:

Gotta love this.........
Oh wow marcus I believe you are right! I remember the little gas tank on the top tubes, Thanks man I appreciate that:bowdown:...Ray
Thanks Motra BTW: this is awesome...Thanks again

I have a predator 212 to slap in that baby. Can't wait to dig it out. Would this be something I could use in the buildoff? :confused:

Thanks oldtime.. Hope it all comes together :)
I got so excited trailhopper I forget to think! I would assume that the engine is a Kawasaki ? or did they use ???? I will research, butt if you know please let me know. Feels like christmas all over again. I called my daughter to ask Q&A from her, she got excited wants me to fix it up and give it back!

Last edited:

paulhew

200% its a Kawasaki coyote mb1a 4 stroke, Certain elements on the frame shows its not the 2 stroke model (MB1) .
There are no serial numbers on the bike, It just says "MADE IN JAPAN" stamped on the head stock. Lots of info on this website and others.
But unfortunatly this does not have the original kawasaki motor..... but very cool
keep us posted !!

Last edited:
Thats it trailhopper! pretty lil bike. Thanks for the pics, I'm going to try to build it back just like these pics, thanks again...Ray:smile: