Dual Survivor (70 Rupp Roadster Style)

20160201_140009.jpg
Time to start shining! Feel free to share your tips on cleaning/shining up the paint. I know the coke and aluminum foil trick for chrome. Any other suggestions??

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Be sure you don't use aluminum on the headlights! That stuff will just flake off in places since it's just a chrome coating over plastic.

When you lube up the clutches, use graphite or another dry lubricant. The liquids will cause the dust from the belt to build collect and build up around the flyweights.

Those look like pretty nice bikes! I really liked my 70 Rupp, but it was just too small.

Ding Ding

Whatever you do, be careful! Doing nothing might be best? But I don't blame you for wanting to shine them up some.

I'm a fan of using bleche wite on tires, followed by some tire shine. I've used aluminum foil with water(no coke) for rusty chrome. Works pretty well.

Nice score...I used molasses and water on my hustler rusty handle bars..it takes a while but is cheep and it can go down the sink when done.

Nice score that's the way to find them in nice condition as they are . I also have the same two bikes . Hope to ride them around town this summer . Had over ten inches of snow today so far and more to come so hurry up summer .