Ducar 212

Anyone mess around with the Ducar 212 before? It's a hemi head 212 Honda clone, just like the Tillotson 212. The Ducar comes with a PVL flywheel though. Had mine come in today and a friend that bought a Tillotson said it looks identical to his engine.

Paid $160 + $30 shipping for it from DynoCams. They initially charged $60 for shipping, but ended up charging actual shipping on it.

Seems to be a cheaper option than the Tillotson and it comes with a better flywheel. The governor is also set to 5300 rpm on it.

My plans are to stick it in a DB30 frame for a basic rider.

SAS289

Funny how the decal says "This engine is for competition use only" but it still has a low oil sensor on it. I thought these Ducar engines were crate racing engines but I guess I was wrong.
That label is what Dyno Cams puts there. They may put it there to cover themselves with EPA rules. The engine can still be used as a utility engine in other parts of the world that do not have our EPA rules.

The tillotson block I have has a lot of extra reinforcement cast in it. Wondering if your friends one has it as well?
My friend said the case on his Tillotson looks identical to the Ducar. Has the same extra bracing on it.

edit: Took a pic showing some of the extra bracing. I'll probably get the tank and filter housing off it this weekend if it's not too hot.

Attachments

That label is what Dyno Cams puts there. They may put it there to cover themselves with EPA rules. The engine can still be used as a utility engine in other parts of the world that do not have our EPA rules.
It's definitely a CYA thing for them. None of the hemi head engines are legal in CA.

I'm going to have to take the side cover off and have a look at the inside. If the garage cools off enough tonight maybe I'll do it, otherwise it'll be this weekend. I'll post pics.

@ole4 where did you get that stand for the engine?