Exciting news! 1968/69 Rupp TC covers

Just like the original ones, a male and female die was made (it took a full week to make the die) then they will be stamped. Afterwards the outside shape will be CNC cut into shape. On the original ones all of the holes were cut out during the stamping process, we are cutting the holes out during the CNC process. This process of cutting the holes out afterwards will less wear on the die and add to the die longevity.

I would hope they would be well below current market value, as nice as you say they will be they will still be reproductions.
You're correct. Plus if they look the same the market value on originals will drop. I would rather pay a premium for an original especially on a 68 69 rupp

Yes, mine will be priced well below market value. Like I said, I am doing this for the love of the hobby, not for my retirement fund. We all would prefer to have an original one, but with the cost of the original ones as high as they are, I hope this will be the next best alteritive.

There is always the fiberglass covers as an alterintive as well.

When I reproduced the 2-speed set ups, it was a very costly venture. Having the clutches designed and produced, having the one way bearing sleeves heat-treated and machined, purchasing the one way bearing and have having the shafts machined. I tried to keep the cost down as much as I could. Even though they were costly, I feel I helped a lot of Rupp owners out by producing them. I have not heard any complaint about them.

Rupp 72

The 2 speed reproductions are spot on for a 69 Rupp Roadster or Goat, however the jackshafts in 68 were a little different and used a 3/4 inch shaft not 5/8.

Yes, mine will be priced well below market value. Like I said, I am doing this for the love of the hobby, not for my retirement fund. We all would prefer to have an original one, but with the cost of the original ones as high as they are, I hope this will be the next best alteritive.
:thumbsup:

Looks like the prices are already dropping. They can't sell that EBay original for $550 any longer. Last time it sat there all of about 20 minutes. Now it's been at least 24 hours. I think I will wait for the repro myself...

capguncowboy

Looks like the prices are already dropping. They can't sell that EBay original for $550 any longer. Last time it sat there all of about 20 minutes. Now it's been at least 24 hours. I think I will wait for the repro myself...
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the hint of reproductions on the horizon has already taken some wind out of the sails? There was a nearly complete 69 Roadster up yesterday for $500 BIN too. It would have been the perfect combo for a nice survivor bike. I figured they'd both be gone pretty quickly