Exhaust pipe with flanged end.

I ordered a pipe from Kart Pipes - Your Go Kart Pipe Home with a flanged end. It looks awesome. I have not put it on yet.

Will I get more power? What is the piece of wire they sent with it for? Do I need to modifiy anything else to accomadate this pipe?

The attached pic is NOT my mini. It is just a pic of a mini with the pipe I got.

I would think that a wire was sent along with engine mounting bolts with tie wire holes to stop the exhaust bolts tight in the block. Karting rules require a lot of parts to be safety wired. Steve :scooter:

Will I get more power?

Do I need to modifiy anything else to accomadate this pipe?
In theory the free flowing exhaust, should reduce your engines pumping losses, thereby allowing the engine to rev a bit quicker. Ideally it would be sized correctly to be what is considered a 'tuned pipe'. As the hot exhaust gasses rush down the exhaust pipe. It should create a negative pressure area at the cylinder to help 'scavenge' any remaining exhaust that could pollute the fresh incoming charge of fuel. Ultimately this low pressure pulse is timed to arrive just as the exhaust valve opens.

This scavenging effect can also provide a benefit during the camshaft/valve overlap phase by attempting to jump-start cylinder filling by the intake charge.

The tuned pipe is usually teamed up with a less restrictive intake filter. Now that more air is being pumped through the engine you're probably running a bit on the lean side & need to step up in jet size to add more fuel.

Now we have both more air & more fuel being burned. As long as the burn is complete... and at the correct time.... We should be producing more power.

See... This making power stuff is easy. It's the part about keeping it all together that is a bit more complicated. :scooter: :thumbsup: