Exhaust ???

What are they on the mini bikes for? sound, performance...?
i have my stock one i want to mod to make it just open bc i have no money to get a header.
what would happen if i just went no exhaust or header?
please help with some info
i would greatly appriciate it :smile:

Oldsalt

Lots of people put proper pipes on their modified engines for performance. I'm a sound person myself. I like a little noise, but there are lots of reasons to try to get along with the neighbors. You should have something on the exhaust port to get the hot gases away from the nearby carb, don't run an open port. A stock engine is designed and tuned to have some "backpressure" supplied by the stock muffler. An open straight pipe, especially a longer one, will often "over-scavage" the exhaust and cause the engine to run lean if the carb isn't rejetted. Not a big deal but watch for it. If you do put a long pipe on the aluminum engine the threads might get pulled out. Long or heavy pipes have got to be braced. Also it is best to consider the safety issue when putting on a big pipe. There's suddenly a lot more ways to get badly burned. Be especially mindful of this if there are small children around. Headder wrap is a good idea.

it's easy to get burned on a header. i've got a nice scar on my wrist from my old exhaust. all it took was a little tap against it and i had a large blister instantly. luckily it only hurt for about 10 seconds.

you'd be better off leaving the stock exhaust on it until you can afford a header/muffler.

Keep the clone exhaust johnson, I agree with with the others that have posted so far, I'm sure your neighbors will appreciate the fact that your bike is quiet, too!!!, besides that clone is a sneaky little devil, by the time the neighbors, realize you're coming, you should be already gone!!, and they be standing there scratching their heads, wondering what that was???
dave

Plus fire reasons. Here in Florida, we have dry season's. If your caught riding through the woods without a proper exhaust or flame arrestor your in deep skittles.