Finally feels like winter here in CT!!

Last year we set a record for snowfall. It was rediculous actually. This year is the extreme opposite. weve had no snow, its been in the 40's and 50's and it seems more like fall weather then winter. Well this week it got cold and with the cold finally came the snow. Toady we recieved our first dumping in months. Matter of fact the last big storm we had was back on holloween!!!
Anyway today was just awesome....got to ice fish for more then 1/2 the day(fishing not so hot) and then got home and fired up the deere. she has been waiting patiently and of course "nothing runs like a deere".:thumbsup:

not the best base as its all fluff.....but hey ill take it.

Last edited:
Damn you are lucky Hoppy. Where I am my sled just sits. I took it for a spin today but we only have a inch of snow so the paddle track tears up the grass. That John Deere 340 you got looks excellent by the way, what year?

this winter has totally sucked. worst i can remember. last year was the best i could remember. Its a 1977 Cyclone 340. Twin cylinder, single carb, kioritz engine. like zero suspension. shes pretty peppy for a 340 and has a steel cleated track. Shes alittle hard in the whoops and bumps and doesnt react to well to uneve terrain at high speeds. other then that............i can whip this thing into corners and ride out of them like no other sled i have. she just turns were i point the skis......mash it and she comes out nicely. funs sled just wish there was more suspension in the rear end. thanks by the way but she always looks good in a picture from a distance, through a window, from a shitty camera. LOL The hood is nice, seat was recovered last year. swapped the track out with a newer one. belly pan has some nice wounds....tunnel is alright but has a few areas of concern. Rain tomorrow. there goes the snow! bought it two years ago in Indiana on a long road trip from CT to Nebraska to pickup one of my wifes horses. I had to have a reason to drive out there other then the horse!! told the wife i was coming home with a sled if she was coming home with another horse. LOL

Last edited:
JD had some good sleds. They didn't get access to the best engines but they mnade up for it in a lot of other ways. First they had cool names and what I thought was very cool styling, then they tended to be lighter and more nimble and lastly they would be the frst with an inovation. Too bad they gave up...
They were making some very good sleds for the era...

Raining up here about 6c outside. Not much fun....

yes they did. Its to bad alot of the old companys gave up. Deere, mercury, suzuki, and the list goes on and on. I like the old iron. I to throw some green into a herd of orange moto skis. Would give my left you know what to have a liquidator in my shop.

We still havnt seen a good snow yet this year, saturday we got about 1-2 inches but it all melted monday.

At this point I'd settle for spring and get on with the summer fun but I know we have atleast 7-13 weeks of possible real winter.

Yep John Deere made good sleds. I have drove a 440 liquifire (I think) and it had quite a bit of zip for a 440. I also like the old Moto Skis, and the Mercury sleds with the side pipes where so cool. Nowadays the sleds are almost all plastic and really go too darn fast for you to really enjoy the ride, unless you are in the mountains and pushing through powder.

Nice cyclone :thumbsup: We are into the old cats mainly. Have a few cats and a viking at the moment. Had a cyclone last year for awhile.

Love the old vikings!!!!! What a classy looking machine from that era!!
Thanks for the compliments on the sled. she really just looks better in pictures!