Fire Bike

Putting an enormous fire extinguisher on my bike as a gas tank! Wondering if you guys had any tips on mounting and should i just leave the inside as it is or do i need to spray something in there to protect it from the gas? Anyone have any ideas on making a petcock? Should be able to run it about a week straight with a tank this huge!

Last edited:

Hent

I'd try sitting on it for more than 30 seconds at a time. I'm sure that will get very uncomfortable, very quick. :shrug:

Im thinking about cutting it a little so it'll fit in the middle and get a friend to weld in a petcock. also thinking about painting it fire engine red.

I'd try sitting on it for more than 30 seconds at a time. I'm sure that will get very uncomfortable, very quick. :shrug:
Its actually not too bad. My leg rest on it a bit, but its not far enough out to be an annoyance.
My bike actually safer than our two doodle bugs. my dad and cousin put the two of them together and put one of the clutches on backwards :doah: anyway, on the fourth my other cousin was riding it around, wrecked and landed RIGHT ON THE CLUTCH. Tore a massive hole in her stomach. I keep mine a little scary lookin so no one wants to ride it :wink:

george3

That would really suck if you built the extinguisher in to a gas tank and the mini bike caught on fire.

Last edited:
Well as stupid as it looks and regardless of how you do it. Why don't you just put straps on the tank and hook it up with a long hose and wear the tank like a back pack, heck their cheep so why not put two tanks together and then your ready to go to Aspen like Dumb & Dumber. Any one here that thinks it's a good Idea need to rethink their reply.
Stupid is as stupid does. Get smart life is short enough the, wheel is already round why try to reinvent trouble.
Grumpy old Steve :scooter:

$10.00 you can get a little smaller tank to fit where it belongs on top !! then it would look like a normal mini no offense but it looks kinda dumb . good idea lots of people use them . if that don't work you can try a 55 gallon drum next :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DMR

you should probably have the fuel exit throught the bottom of it. otherwise it will cut out when it is 1/2 full, you also need to vent it somehow, otherwise it will create a vacuum effect. cool idea though:thumbsup:, I thought about taking two and cutting them in half and then welding the bottoms back together to make a cylindrical tank, the metal is too thin to weld on though.

Thanks guys, im going to shorten it and put it on top, got some hose clamps and some stuff for the petcock. Anyone know of a chemical i could use to clean it out? I guess if it caught fire it'd be pretty ironic :wink: Anyone put some kind of detachable tool box on the front? I need to carry tools and things around some times when others break down. my bikes like a damn tank. Need to put on a tensioner cause the :wink:chain shakes like crazy