First Old Minibike! 69 Taco T100

Put a couple of drops of oil on the bushing on the sprocket side of your clutch.
well that worked out! thanks! i did lube it a few days ago but i guess not enough. works great now.

just curious about the gearing on this thing. i believe its a 12t clutch to 14t to 11t to the 72t sprocket. can i swap the 11t and the 14t around on the jack shaft and get a little more top speed? it has plenty of torque but just tops out instantly.

Last edited:
well that worked out! thanks! i did lube it a few days ago but i guess not enough. works great now.

just curious about the gearing on this thing. i believe its a 12t clutch to 14t to 11t to the 72t sprocket. can i swap the 11t and the 14t around on the jack shaft and get a little more top speed? it has plenty of torque but just tops out instantly.
Your bike is currently running at a ratio of 7.6:1 If you change those two sprockets around you would be running a ratio of 4.7:1 which would indeed give you more top speed but it will be slow taking off and it'll be hard on your clutch.

Your bike is currently running at a ratio of 7.6:1 If you change those two sprockets around you would be running a ratio of 4.7:1 which would indeed give you more top speed but it will be slow taking off and it'll be hard on your clutch.
Bringing this back from the dead. I did a search trying to find the correct gearing for a T100 and found this thread. Can anyone tell me what the factory gearing was for a T100?. Thanks!

Bringing this back from the dead. I did a search trying to find the correct gearing for a T100 and found this thread. Can anyone tell me what the factory gearing was for a T100?. Thanks!
Per this write up, it states that the factory gear on the left hand side jack shaft should be a 14 tooth.
MBG69.Nov-pg-44.gif
MBG69.Nov-pg-45.gif
MBG69.Nov-pg-46.gif

Hey thanks a lot Pat, that helps. Nice article, and the rear shocks are surprising; not the typical ones I'm used to seeing. Thanks again.