Fords Are Way Better Than Chevys

now I know it's BS,cheaper yes maybe....more BTU's NOT!
Not sure the ratio of french frie juice is, but with the gallon of diesel added in... by the time the diesel was burnt he got 50 mpg...
:laugh:

At one point he was doin 80% veggie oil. Ahh that wonderful smell of french fries!

{EDIT} Alright, better explanation.
Lets say he does get 25mpg. Now add in a gallon of veggie oil, another 25mpg. 50 miles there, only paying for the deisel so in a way 50mpg... does that make any sense? :shrug:

It may not... its late... I need to sleep.

Last edited:
Well I figured I would add my 2 cents worth ... I own both Ford and Chevy ... I have had every big truck they made ... My Tahoe shit a motor (camshaft bs) at 85k and I am a maintenance freak ... Anal when it comes to my rides ... But ... I stuck another engine in to make momma happy and it's at 120k now with no issues ... It's a 2001 ... Now ... On the other hand I drive a 2000 Ranger 2wd because I drive 40 miles one way to my job ... Started driving a small truck back when fuel hit $1.50 a gal and my Big Block shortbed Chevy was killing me at around 6-8mpg vs the Rangers 26-28 mpg ... It won't come close to pulling a house down or a 16' trailer but it hauls mini bikes just fine :biggrin: ... I like all makes and models don't get me wrong but I love my Ranger ... Each to their own :thumbsup:

50 mpg of diesel... considering his truck smells like french fries!
2005 Dodge 4x4 1 ton single wheels with Cummins diesel automatic trans will get 22 mpg on the flatland . I put over 8,000 miles taking my buddy back and forth on a 500 mile round trip for cancer treatments . That's checking gallons and miles . The truck had 26,000 miles on it when I was through .

Not sure the ratio of french frie juice is, but with the gallon of diesel added in... by the time the diesel was burnt he got 50 mpg...

At one point he was doin 80% veggie oil. Ahh that wonderful smell of french fries!

{EDIT} Alright, better explanation.
Lets say he does get 25mpg. Now add in a gallon of veggie oil, another 25mpg. 50 miles there, only paying for the deisel so in a way 50mpg... does that make any sense? :shrug:

It may not... its late... I need to sleep.
I hope that rest done you some good, you were becoming dilutional. :laugh:

toomanytoys

Best trucks I ever had were Ford Rangers. a 1991 4.0 reg cab, a 1999 2.3 Reg cab, and a 2003 3.0 extend cab.

The 2003 I bought brand new. 3.0 5 speed extend cab step side, old man gold. Had 6 miles.

Drove it for 4 years, putting 392k miles on it. I had hit 5 deer, a guard rail, and a few other things over that time. It was about 2 feet from being completely underwater once, at 50k miles. This truck had a very poor life, I never changed the oil, just added, beat the living crap out of it. I did change the oil a few times after attempting to make it a submarine.

In that time, I put brakes, tires, and a few small odds and ends of stuff on it.

Last day I drove it. Coming home from work, I heard tap tap tap, rap rap rap, boom. Blew a rod through the block. 392k miles, no maintenance.

Awesome truck! I went out that day, picked up a Chevy Cobalt, biggest piece of crap ever, had 10 miles on it, 9k out the door, it was cheap and I could pay cash for it. Nothing but trouble.

I got the ranger home, pulled the motor, put a JY motor in it, along with a new front clip that was already the same color, total of 650 dollars. Sold the truck for 2500 bucks to some high school kid, and its still running around.

Well I figured I would add my 2 cents worth ... I own both Ford and Chevy ... I have had every big truck they made ... My Tahoe shit a motor (camshaft bs) at 85k and I am a maintenance freak ... Anal when it comes to my rides ... But ... I stuck another engine in to make momma happy and it's at 120k now with no issues ... It's a 2001 ... Now ... On the other hand I drive a 2000 Ranger 2wd because I drive 40 miles one way to my job ... Started driving a small truck back when fuel hit $1.50 a gal and my Big Block shortbed Chevy was killing me at around 6-8mpg vs the Rangers 26-28 mpg ... It won't come close to pulling a house down or a 16' trailer but it hauls mini bikes just fine :biggrin: ... I like all makes and models don't get me wrong but I love my Ranger ... Each to their own :thumbsup:

Well said...

Neck

Growing up is optional
What happened to Ford big block engines? Nothing ever happened...they are such an inferior design in comparison to the BBC that no one but a lunatic would spend money trying to make one perform.

OK I'm kinda late to the game here but this one threw me. Let's back up a little first, didn't Ford come to NASCAR in the sixties with a Big Block engine (called a "Cammer") in, oh say about 1963, and promptly get told your too fast you cant play?! And didn't they try again in about 1969 with a Big Block (called "BOSS"), and get shown the door again?! And didn't Bob Glidden DOMINATE Pro Stock in the 80's with that same Boss Big Block for like six years straight?! And now recently, didn't John Force try to race a Boss based engine in Top Fuel Funny car, and get told he had an "Unfair advantage"?! Am I missing something?! School me Salty!
Oh and by the way, I don't have brand loyalty anymore, being a mechanic, and having worked for a City that owned all the 'Big Three" trucks, as far as I'm concerned their all pieces of junk, some just have less problems than the others!

What happened to Ford big block engines? Nothing ever happened...they are such an inferior design in comparison to the BBC that no one but a lunatic would spend money trying to make one perform.

OK I'm kinda late to the game here but this one threw me. Let's back up a little first, didn't Ford come to NASCAR in the sixties with a Big Block engine (called a "Cammer") in, oh say about 1963, and promptly get told your too fast you cant play?! And didn't they try again in about 1969 with a Big Block (called "BOSS"), and get shown the door again?! And didn't Bob Glidden DOMINATE Pro Stock in the 80's with that same Boss Big Block for like six years straight?! And now recently, didn't John Force try to race a Boss based engine in Top Fuel Funny car, and get told he had an "Unfair advantage"?! Am I missing something?! School me Salty!
Oh and by the way, I don't have brand loyalty anymore, being a mechanic, and having worked for a City that owned all the 'Big Three" trucks, as far as I'm concerned their all pieces of junk, some just have less problems than the others!
Well said. My take on the new stuff is they all have problems, just not the same ones at the same times.:smile: