Forks- Chrome vs. Powdercoat

That was a trial run with the super chrome powder coat along with 2 trail horse fenders a couple mtd wheels and clutch cover,I'm going to redo a couple pieces because like rechroming the prep work has to be right, they looked good as far as the Chrome powder coat with my own clear coat outcome looked but didn't seem to fill in imperfections so I already stripped the 2 trail horse fenders to redo, Wow what a pain in the ass it was sanding off, that's a good thing I would think as far as durability goes? No it's not chrome but I think it looks damn good compared to what they were and affordable, I have one fender that will have to go to the chrome shop and everything else I'll be powder coating, I only have riders so they will be all I want, look good and get rode.

Attachments

Thank you, Friend! That satisfied most of my curiosity. I haven't messed with powder coat, so please forgive my ignorance.
When sanding it off, does it get gummy/ rubbery, or does it make fine dust?
I guess a better way to ask...does it clog paper real fast?
My answer for rusty chrome has always been rust metal primer followed by farm implement paint.

Thank you, Friend! That satisfied most of my curiosity. I haven't messed with powder coat, so please forgive my ignorance.
When sanding it off, does it get gummy/ rubbery, or does it make fine dust?
I guess a better way to ask...does it clog paper real fast?
My answer for rusty chrome has always been rust metal primer followed by farm implement paint.
wasn't gummy and didn't really clog the paper, my problem sanding is I needed some 150 grit and only had 220 and finer at the moment I had to do it couldn't wait so it took a lot of paper, but it is more durable than base coat / clear coat or acrylic enamel in my opinion, And who dosent like farm implement paint for the equipment you need to work and look good too LOL , THAT'S final then rechrome if it's strictly show, powder coat if it's a rider and farm implement paint if you have to work the shit out of it, LIfe is good.