Fox Doodlebug FX resto

matt2

I too think the Fox bikes are cool. I have a Campus FX and a 1970 Street Scamp. I hope someday to do a total rebuild back to stock on the Street Scamp. It's almost complete, but parts are hard to come by. I did meet a guy on here, Ogy. What a great guy he reproduces some part for fox doodlebugs. He is not making parts to sale, but I did get a set of exact Ogy reproduction fork boots. The boots are the same for the Street Scamp as the doodlebug. Anyway for now it sits in the corner of the garage.

64fairlane, Where did you get those fork boots ? They look great. I need some for a Campus FX project. If you don't mind sharing, I would really like to know where I can source a pair of them. Thanks.

64fairlane, Where did you get those fork boots ? They look great. I need some for a Campus FX project. If you don't mind sharing, I would really like to know where I can source a pair of them. Thanks.
They came of a Kettcar pedal cart. They were the bumpers, they wrapped the frame in the front. The don't look 100% correct, but they worked out perfectly.
They are soft plastic, not rubber. :thumbsup:

They came of a Kettcar pedal cart. They were the bumpers, they wrapped the frame in the front. The don't look 100% correct, but they worked out perfectly.
They are soft plastic, not rubber. :thumbsup:
You are correct Fairlane. Your boots are not 100% but they are pretty close. Enough so that the average minibike person would think that they were original issue. There are no NOS Fox fork boots anywhere in the world. Even if there were they would be more than 50 years old and would turn to dust when you handled them. A few years back I had a mold made and I had a number sets made for the restorations that I am working on. I didn't make extras because I didn't think the demand would be there and that people wouldn't want to pay the price of what it cost to have them made. As a point of information I have attached a photo of my reproduction boots. Notice that they have six rounded lobes as did all the Foxes up until the early 70's. Ogy

matt2

Hi Resto
PM {ogygopsis} He made a mold of the original boots and made a few extras. They are quite expensive but if you want a correct restor on a fox they are the only ones out there. The set I got are beautiful. He is not out for profit he just wants the price he has into each one. I found the price good for something you can't get anywhere. I did ask Ogy if it was ok to let you guys know about the boots and he said yes. These are the boots I got.

I'd like to have a set of those Ogy (and Matt), but I've spent three times what I thought I would on the resto and it's still not done! People are looking at me funny (more than usual) :eek:ut: