Fox Mini Bike Carb

mford

Does anyone know were I can get a Diaphragm Carb for my Tecumseh 4HP engine
I just found out that originally my Fox had a diaphragm not a float.
Thanks Mark

markus

631588 is the stock number you want to keep an eye out for. that was the carb they used on them.

I dont have any more of them in my carb box so I cant compare the inside diameter to the later ones I Have off some of the little sidepopper rear tank edger engines to see if they have smaller bores or not. Can maybe get away with one off a 3.5 sized one, the choke arm wont be right so that will be a dead giveaway and harder to access, and sometimes the pump cover is setup for primer bulb but the bulb just rushes air under the diaphragm to push it open and the cover can either be swapped out or just leave the fitting open for your app. I do have the correct covers and most likely choke arm parts (those may not adapt to a later carb though), I know the last fox I had the carb was left open for years and it was not saveable so I yanked what I could off the carb body and saved the smalls off it.

pomfish

Here is the one off my Fox 10" wheel Campus FX

And it does not have those #'s Markus listed, but it is what came on the bike.
Thanks,
Keith

pomfish

thats because I gave the actual part numbers not the stamping/casting numbers for the carb body so if you looked it up off the numbers of the original engine on your fox that's the number in the parts listings.

View attachment 72831

thanks,
Markus
I got ya.
How is he going to be able to know those numbers if the carb is not in the orig box?
Are there any other numbers on the casting that would cross reference?
That one in the picture looks real nice by the way:)
Thanks,
Keith

markus

I got ya.
How is he going to be able to know those numbers if the carb is not in the orig box?
Are there any other numbers on the casting that would cross reference?
That one in the picture looks real nice by the way:)
Thanks,
Keith
356 is the number you would want to keep an eye out for, the other sets I believe are casting or date codes and will vary.

Last edited: