Fox Thunderbolt MX212

Well as many of you know I just swapped this Fox for my Wards T555 with Karl/Not so minibike :thumbsup:
It need the right tank and I found one thanks to Charlie/Rupp-it-up :thumbsup: I knew it needed work but it seems to need more work than I want to take on right now :doah:

So I am going to make the tank from my Toyoco work for now or maybe forever :shrug:

I got a set of really nice Chaparral fenders from Angelo/Chipper that I was going to use on my Toyoco but I think they will be great on this bike :thumbsup:

Karl sent me a very nice pair of rear shocks but I had a pair that I liked better and they were an inch longer :thumbsup: They needed a 10mm bolt on the bottom and 12mm on the top, 10 mm is close enough to the 3/8 bolt used so that's not a big deal but 12mm :doah: I had these sleeves to reduce 12 to 10 so I cut them to fit :thumbsup:

I mounted them with new 10mm bolts, I'll cut them and put the nylock nuts on the inside during final assembly :thumbsup:

And here is why I am calling it the "MX212" I may have to use a different carb but we will see :shrug:

My plan is to have her up and running for some hot laps at Electric City in mid October if not run her in the TT race :thumbsup: Then I'll tear it down for paint and powder coating this fall :thumbsup:

What size wheels are those Randy ?
Looks good all jacked up
I like the first tank better,just my opinion

Last edited:
What size wheels are those Randy ?
Looks good all jacked up
I like the first tank better,just my opinion
Thanks Todd :thumbsup: The front wheel is a 16x2.75 and the rear is a 14x3.00, Karl added 4 inchs to the swing arm and the shocks are 13.5 eye to eye( I have no idea what size would have been stock) :thumbsup: I like the 1st tank better too but if I cant fix it or find another OEM tank the 2nd is a good fit too and the mount I will make for it will be able to be removed easily :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

the shocks are 13.5 eye to eye( I have no idea what size would have been stock) :thumbsup:
Sebac shocks on mine look O.G. 11 1/2" but i got 13" after market shocks on the back. Im do a thread on mine soon and go picture heavy!

Took mine for a ride through the trails at my buddies when I picked up the Super Bronc..it's better on the trails than the streets. That front end is funky.. You better bring your trike to Electric City in case the Thunderbolt is too squirrelly for you.

That front end is funky.. You better bring your trike to Electric City in case the Thunderbolt is too squirrelly for you.
The plan was just to ride a few practice laps on the Thunderbolt(if its ready) and race the trike :thumbsup: It has been a while but I start riding 2 wheelers when I was about 8 and have logged lots of miles on trails, tracks and streets :thumbsup:

I put 3 1/2 risers on mine to bring the bars up a little. It helped but the bars are a little narrow. I want to find similar ones but about 6" wider. I still haven't tried stiffer shocks on the front yet to see if that helps the stability.

I put 3 1/2 risers on mine to bring the bars up a little. It helped but the bars are a little narrow. I want to find similar ones but about 6" wider. I still haven't tried stiffer shocks on the front yet to see if that helps the stability.
The bars I have for the Toyoco are a little wide but I don't think they are that much wider :shrug: I think the height is ok for me :thumbsup: I got my new tank today it looks good(no pic's ) :thumbsup: I'm going to make the tank and rear fender mount this week :thumbsup: I hope to have some good weather so I can paint the tank and fenders(yellow) and I'll get the frame powder coated black this winter :thumbsup: