fox

buckeye

There's a bunch of bikes in those pics.

No rear suspension.
Banshee??

It is real embarrassing, being that Fox is my favorite bike mfg, I can't identify them for crap.:laugh:

It's not a Doodlebug. The Doodlebugs of that year had a slanted engine plate. MarkG has lots of brochures of Fox bikes of that era. Buckeye might be right that it is a Banshee.

markus

should be post '71, I can get you closer, but markG like simpletom said may have the actual model number in his stack of literature.

Its kinda like a macked out 1221 "golden fox" in this brochure which was shown with May 1971 literature. They were using one piece wheels and 41 size chain on the later bikes, clutch cover looks like the ones in this lineup so maybe the engine numbers will get you in the time frame if the tag or stamp is still there.

Funny, the Ad says 1971 was the year of the Fox. At that same time, Arctic Cat released an advertising song on a 45 single record called "The Year Of The Cat". I'll upload it to YouTube one of these days. Talk about bad 70's music. The flip side was something about "Keep On Movin'". Bad stuff! So was 71 the year of the Fox or Cat? Lol