frame id

markus

I am drawing a blank today :laugh: look familiar to anyone. If "correct/original" the kickstand mount appears to be on the right front. double slotted engine plate would be distinctive as well if its original. not sure on the seat if right for that frame but may be an indication as well. Other parts are from Lil indian of course so the frame and possible seat is all I got to go on.

markus

I had that thought too, but everyone I have seen looks to have that folded over the sides of the frame plate like a Lomart. I gotta shoot across town in the next day or two to pick it up and will be able to get a better look at it and try and get a better idea of whats hacked and whats OG.

capguncowboy

I agree that the frame shape is identical to a Nova, but the engine plate, head tube and axle mounts are all wrong. Even the spacing on the front of the frame is off, and the headtube is too narrow.

Unless someone rewelded the frame at some point (which is possible), I'm at a loss.

1971_MB1A

markus,I'm pretty sure KEFMAN99 was to pick up a Nova Roma last week (not sure what exact model) so you may want to check with him or maybe he will chime in.

I looked at a lot of Nova Roma bike photos and the axle tabs aren't long enough nor shaped right but it was a good guess, also the engine plate on the Nova wrapped around. Not to say this isn't an early one, many makes changed subtle things as time went by. The slots sure look right but no notch for a chain. I'm out, the top two guys don't know and one is the poster so this one may go to the never IDed archives.

Not wanting to step on any toes here.
I’m going with it’s kinda like a Cat and kinda like a Bird. Disreguard the kickstand. It’s a Cat-Bird!
My final answer.
Thanks again Markus for the consultation on the Bird Engineering Sears Runabout Rat Rod bike. It followed me home, ya, it’s got a Hemi.
This is my weak effort at humor... it’s snowing... again.

markus

That seat looks like its from a Zebra even though the frame is something else.
I disreguarded Zebra right off becuase of the frame design and was sort of thinking that seat was just a modded seat maybe off one of those cafe racer style mopeds or something like that. I went and grabbed the stuff yesterday afternoon, It is a zebra seat and just had an extra piece of wood modded onto the bottom of it. Took that off and it is a perfect match to the seat mounts which are not added on....That prompted me to go to the photo section. While nothing like this exact frame shows up, pics of one of your bikes as a roller shows this most likely was a Jan/ho bike :thumbsup:

your blue one, scrub, engine plate, and foot peg design match what is still correct on the one I got, I would imagine the kickstand location is correct as well (right side front)

While I dont know if it was from the "Zebra" line, Its pretty safe to say its out of the Jan/Ho stable.

Thank you.... and great to see you still poking around here BTW :thumbsup: