Free Antivirus software.

So I have noticed that not every one knows there is very good free software out there. And because of that they may not have a working av because they cant afford the 80 bucks a year so I thought I would help them out.

So here is a list for some great free antivirus software

Avast - Great software I use it as my personal antivirus

avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

Avg Free

AVG Free - Antivirus Free Download | Free Virus Protection

microsoft security essentials

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

At this time those are the best free ones I have used. This stuff changes constantly and I will update as needed.

If any one needs help installing or uninstalling any av software just post it here or pm me.

oldfatguy

I have the micro soft security essentials on my computer and so far it has worked very well
I'm not sure about the other ones,but you do have to be careful sometimes those free downloads actually put a virus into your computer.

The other two are both great av programs. If you have not already done so I would download the latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials as they have released version 2.0 2 weeks ago.

Carrissa found a couple lap tops cleaning out one of the apartments in their complex.. One is a DAMN NICE one.. But it was completely retarded.. So I ran a restore on it and got it half stable.. Then downloaded that AVAST because it had good user reviews and was free.. So I ran that on it and it did a number on the thing.. I think it will remove like 100 things for free, but it found like 330 or something.. :doah: But I told her " Hell man, uninstall and reinstall it, and it mighht take 300 of 330 out" :laugh: Not sure if she ever tried it.. But it was fast as hell and did a good job from I saw.. :shrug:

vette66_00

I use AVG 9.0 full version that I pay for every 2 years for 3 computers. Works awesome but it does not take care of Malware. I use the free version of Malwarebytes for that and run it every week. Here's a link to there site. Malwarebytes

I need to figure something out. I have 3 pc's at home here and they all have Norton that expire at different times.. I'm paying the $59 or whatever, X3:doah: I need to see if I can get a plan that covers them all. I've never looked into it but I really should.
Is it true that Norton, or the other 'pay types' are better? As far as being more up to date on the newest bugs. I don't mind paying as long as I'm getting better protection.:scooter:

Avast has in my own testing has worked better then Norton 360. I think you could go with Avast and still have great protection and say alot of money. If you decide to replace Norton let me know and I will help you remove it.