****free*******

Porting. Honda gx200/gx160/ clone heads.

You must be a senior member. All I ask is that you thoroughly clean the head first, stripe it down to bare head, and include $20 to cover return shipping, packaging, and wear and tear on my tools,.

Don't respond here. Just send me IM, and I will respond. Limited time only.

I will post pictures this evening of my work.

Thanks,
Tim

Legitimate question mate, I am perhaps naive? But I don't know of motors built by olajoe808
There are a few videos floating around of motors that I've put together. Will try to get some more as it starts to warm up around here.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but are you looking for business or just heads to practice on?
And I'm also not looking for more work. I'm pretty busy as it is. Just an offer here to senior members wanting to improve their motor performance.

Its obvious he has done this before and has some insights into laminar flow and port shape.
Can I pick your brain olajoe808 a little in this thread?

What is YOUR trick for pushing the guide?
Heat the head in the wife's oven ( when she is out don't get caught like me with engine parts baking )and blow some refridgerant down the guide so the easily pop out?
Arbor press and a driver?

With that much material removed around the exhaust guide any issues with valves bending or overheating?

it looks fine to me,nice work.
Thank you.

I'd jump on this If I had a honda. You doing any other motors??? (Tec, Briggs)?
Just honda/clones right now.

Its obvious he has done this before and has some insights into laminar flow and port shape.
Can I pick your brain olajoe808 a little in this thread?
What is YOUR trick for pushing the guide?
Heat the head in the wife's oven ( when she is out don't get caught like me with engine parts baking )and blow some refridgerant down the guide so the easily pop out?
Arbor press and a driver?
With that much material removed around the exhaust guide any issues with valves bending or overheating?
The oven works good but the head should be real clean or your house will smell like it's on fire. I have ran it with the guides full length, cut down, from no port to full port. I haven't had any major issues yet, but my hands are inside the motor whenever possible to do preventive maintenance. Thanks.

If you got my address then you responded in time. For now the offer has ended. If I can do it again in the future then I'll post it. Thanks, Tim

Last edited:
Something to try:

Before you push the guide hit the inside of the guide with some duster from an inverted can.
Comes out almost as cold as freon

Thanks for the comment.

Noticed your pictures shows the exhaust has a coarse finnish.
I polish them to keep the carbon down.

yeah folks, it's damn near free. my head is already back in the mail en route to me.
I thought the guy that sold you that head that I ported in post #18 refunded you your payment because of the casting defects I found while inspecting it? Free head and portwork, no ones getting charged for anything here. :shrug: