Front suspension

I know a lot of talk out there about these new fabulous front suspension forks for the Motovox that bolt up to the DB30 but you add up forks , handle bars and mounts and shipping and it's a tad pricey , although I'm sure it's a great product . Looking on ebay , you can get a complete front fork assemly for a pit bike with handle bars and everything for $65 and free shipping ? The axle bolt hole is 12mm and fork tubes are 6" apart center to center , so it seems they would work ( I think ? ) , but I don't know if the hole for the fork tube bolt is a 10mm ? , the overall length is 20" , what y'all think ? Thanks , and yes I looked at all the threads I could find on DB suspension but no clear answer . Also not sure of the distance between the triple trees but I think thats adjustable ?

MKW

Yes, I believe that you would need a narrower tire, but with that, I think that assembly would work nicely...as far as I can tell.

Mike

Had not seen those before Chipper! They look decent for the price! May want to go with some taller handle bar clamps though. Thanks for posting!

From what I can tell they should work. The motovox are 8" wide. You still need spacers. The tires mounted are 5" wide. I'll order a set of these and put them on a new style doodle. I don't like the bars much but I can cut the doodlebug bars and make them work.

Nice find and thanks for sharing

MKW

Well, The steering neck hole looks smaller than the 12mm hole for the axle, in the picture. Hard to tell. My only concern would be that they are in China. I hesitate to use my PayPal acct when a Chinese company is the seller. I'm just a little paranoid about such things. :shrug:

Mike

Yea 10-4 to that Mike , there is a lot if tore up pit bikes around and I think my son has already got his hands on one for free , I'll see how it goes and let everyone know , yes the hole appears to be correct 10mm , I found new on ebay a small pit bike rim and tire ( 12mm ) with a nice knobby for 39.95 , so it still is not to bad . The doodle bug tire is a 145/70 x6 is that not 6.5" wide ? and I guess you could mount a narrower tire on the 6" rim , I'll be playing w/this as I really like the idea of suspension and I've got only $40 bucks in a complete DB30S so I don't mind spending a little , just wanted do it cheaper than the Motovox set-up !

Camjamsdad , they look like they'd work fine to me too , I respect y'alls opinion and wanted to see your guys take on it , I through away 2 old pit bikes a year ago , oh well huh ! You sure the Doodle tire is only 5" mounted ? I think it would still be a clearance issue w/factory size tire as these forks are only 6" center to center ?

iv never had any troble buying stuff directly from china. Actually it usually gets here quicker than stuff from the next state! and well packed too. but iv never got anything that big.

Take it from me those forks are crap, picked a set just like them last year for a project and they were so cheap they were unusable. You'd be better off getting a set for the super pocket bikes forks like these
Suspension - Front Shocks
Same ones I'm using on my build off bike. Much better quality then even the motovox ones.

I looked at those too Spyderdregg , concern is they are longer and that'll throw off center of gravity a good bit ? What did you do for the fork trees ?? Thanks

I looked at those too Spyderdregg , concern is they are longer and that'll throw off center of gravity a good bit ? What did you do for the fork trees ?? Thanks
I got mine from a wrecked x18 I bought for next to nothing so I used the triples from that. Problem was the center hole in the tree's was huge(30mm I believe)so I used a step bit and enlarged them to 1 3/8 in then inserted sealed bearings into the trees(with 5/8ID same as my fork bolt)and it worked out great.

The premise of paypal is a shield between the two parties, with a guarantee.

I measured all three bikes. The widest was 5 1/4 but could have been me leaning. One bike is a factory stock doodlebug tire, another is a stock motovox tire, the third was a scorpion with the same stock dimensions.

Im anxious to see what folks can do with these. I would love a hyd fork for my Doodle since Im already planning on the X7 tires and wheels, and big brakes. Lets see what happens :smile: