Front suspension

the x18 forks arent too bad if you lower the front a little... i will swap the onto a stock wheelbase with 8" wheels and post pic too... i do like it better thn motovox front end... i hv two mbx11s now and compared...

anyhow

the back wheel sitting in the frame doesnt belong there, so ignore, although it fits better thn the big slick! the big bike is getting more rake, so will movr forks bck out a little, but right now stock rake

Cool guys , I'm gonna piddle with this and of course use a couple of Jdogg's tricks ( if he doesn't mind ) My goal is to make a nice rider with out going over the top so I'll let you all know what I come up with ! Thanks again .

Cool guys , I'm gonna piddle with this and of course use a couple of Jdogg's tricks ( if he doesn't mind ) My goal is to make a nice rider with out going over the top so I'll let you all know what I come up with ! Thanks again .
:thumbsup: Use away Sir I have no patents!! :laugh:

I did order the Motovox front end , 3 days and it's here , looks well built and will add some weight to the front end which is a good thing . My only initial concern is that they seem a little soft ? I'll let y'all know once I finish building the DB30 :thumbsup:

I did order the Motovox front end , 3 days and it's here , looks well built and will add some weight to the front end which is a good thing . My only initial concern is that they seem a little soft ? I'll let y'all know once I finish building the DB30 :thumbsup:
Keep in mind we have them set for 90-140lb children with no jumps involved in the riding. They'll be a little softer for us bigger guys, but I think it makes for a very plush ride.

Thanks Motovox , your customer service is excellent ! I think they'll work fine , maybe with as many mini bike nuts out here y'all can look at a Gen 2 front end for say 200 lbs ? Thanks again !

MikeBear

Thanks Motovox , your customer service is excellent ! I think they'll work fine , maybe with as many mini bike nuts out here y'all can look at a Gen 2 front end for say 200 lbs ? Thanks again !
They are hydraulic, so you can probably add more oil yourself to stiffen them up.

You may have a point ! More oil may create more pressure on seals and other parts , may be a give it a try and see ? First I'm gonna put em on and test before I try to Dr em up !

MikeBear

You may have a point ! More oil may create more pressure on seals and other parts , may be a give it a try and see ? First I'm gonna put em on and test before I try to Dr em up !
If you do manage to add oil, let us know how it goes and how well it worked.

I have not installed front forks yet but I do have my Jdogg style rear suspension coming together !
I'll post more pics as it comes together , maybe this should have been in project logs ?

Here is my first attempt at seat making , It's not a Kenny seat but with a little help from my wife's and her sewing machine I'm proud of it ! this is for the mono-shock seat suspension that Jdogg designed .

Thanks jdogg , I'll be finishing the fab work tomorrow and painting Sunday , I still have to fab the clutch guard , I'm going to make similar to the one on my Duck :thumbsup:

It's all coming together , can't wait to get it on the trails , will be riding this weekend !
Thanks again to jdogg for his awesome innovation :thumbsup: