Fuel Linkage Setups??

Hey Guys,
I've been looking into stepping up a mini chopper I'm working on by having the fuel line linked up to the gas tank. But i was wondering what different kinds of fuel linkage setups there are?

I'm wondering if I have a 5.5 Honda Clone, then is just a gravity fed setup from the gas tank to the engine effective enough? I see a TON of tubes set up on some of these pro builders, and I don't know what half the stuff is.

CHeck out this YouTube vid for example: [YOUTUBE]5.5hp Turbocharged Fuel Injected Engine - Bench Test - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

^This Guy is EXTREME^

COmments?? Suggestions??

If your fuel tank is above your carburetor fuel inlet, you dont' need anything but the fuel line coming from your tank to your carb.

if your tank happens to be lower than your carb fuel inlet, you will need a fuel pump.

sometimes people run fuel pumps no matter what on a high performance engine so there is no issue of fuel ever not being readily available at the carb - mostly used in drag bike applications.

Purple line coming out of tank on right goes into the fuel pump. The blue line is connected to the pulse fitting on the carb intake which, with every pulse of your engine, acts as a sort of a vacuum that pulls the fuel from your tank through the pump and exits to the other purple line into the top of the carb (orange fuel cap).

joekd

I was going to go with a pump on my 6.5 but then found out that the gravity feed is more then enough even on a 10.5-11HP motor