Full-Color Post for glenn baine (and other Broncco fans) !

Official Broncco brochure. Published in May 1971 by BRONCCO DIVISION/Engine Specialties - Cornwell Heights, PA.

Color photos, product descriptions and specs for both mini bike & minicycle offerings. Hopefully, this will be helpful information for any of you doing Broncco restorations.

I also have Broncco full-size bike, Dune Kart and Fun Kart info that I did not include in this post. Let me know if anyone has a desire (or need) for that.

Mini Bike

Mini Cycle

Specifications

thanks man very nice job ,,did you get this off ebay? i was probably biding on it two am glad we got to see kool to see the old pamphlets :thumbsup::drinkup:

These scans are great Thank You ! I am a big Broncco fan . I have several Broncco mini bikes listed and it is nice to see the specs on them all . My brochure 's have the bikes names listed differently on some of the models , I need to figure out how to scan the brochures and material I have collected over the last 50 years to share on the site .

My Broncco's
1-TX-1L
2-TX-1's
1-TX-2
1-TX-3
2-TX-6's
1-TX-7
2-TX-10 Diablo's

Wasn't bidding for it on eBay ! I have actually had that brochure since I was a kid. I used to get literature whenever I was in mini bike shops and motorcycle dealers - and I have just kept all of it through the years.

Unfortunately, I don't have very much material for old-school mini bikes, but have a ton of stuff for early 70s Honda minis, Yamaha minis etc.

It took me years to talk my parents into getting me a mini bike, so by the time I got my first bike - it was the "twilight days" of the horizontal-shaft Tec and B&S mini bikes. The bigger-wheeled, motorcycle-style Yamaha Mini Enduro and Honda SL70 were already on the market - and the whole industry was seeing a dynamic shift (much to my dismay).

I got my first mini bike in 1971 (a brand new Powerdyne Galaxie 150) and quickly moved to a used Yamaha JT1 before the end of the year. Then came the Hodaka Super Rat phase - and my world changed massively in 1974 - when my dad bought me a brand new Honda Elsinore 125.

Throughout all of this time, however, I have never lost my true love for the simplicity of classic mini bikes. All those childhood years spent lusting after mini bikes (before I got my first one) put a passion in me that is still as strong today - as it was back in the late 60s.

Fat Boy,

I would love to see some of your material scanned and posted here. I'm a huge sucker for all this mini bike related stuff - and if I have time, I will spend hours looking through old tests, ads, specs, etc.

Scanning is actually very easy. It's just time consuming. You can get a decent "all in one" printer, scanner, copier for well less than $100 nowadays. The scanning software comes with the machine. Once the unit is connected to your computer - and the software is installed.....the whole process is really no different than using a photocopier.....you're just saving the image electronically vs. photocopying onto paper. Scan your item(s) - save the file(s) on your computer - upload the file(s) to OldMiniBikes - insert file(s) into your forum post - and you're golden !

Like you, I thought some of the model "names" on this brochure are sort of odd. I have always thought of Broncco bikes as TX-somethings vs. names like Marauder, Deputy and such. Although, I really like them, I don't have a Broncco in my collection - so I don't know an awful lot about them. Hopefully, my scans were of interest or benefit to our Broncco fans on the website.

P.S. I really like that Rupp Scrambler tank I bought from you this past summer :thumbsup:

I own several myself (about 14 to be exact, including a Fun Kart). Broncco's were quite simply the finest mini's made back then...The attention to detail and overall quality were second to none...Truly amazing mini's! I have just about any info anyone needs on Broncco's...that includes brochures if people need copies or scans...let me know, I can prob. upload some...:thumbsup:

I own several myself (about 14 to be exact, including a Fun Kart). Broncco's were quite simply the finest mini's made back then...The attention to detail and overall quality were second to none...Truly amazing mini's! I have just about any info anyone needs on Broncco's...that includes brochures if people need copies or scans...let me know, I can prob. upload some...:thumbsup:
Oh, I would love to have pictures of Broncco TX-7 kickstand!!! They should be the same model from TX-4 to TX-7... and there are no kickstands available on the market!
Andrea.

Not sure who you were referring to on this...As for me, I grew up in the Bensalem area and knew/know the owner of ESI Inc - Charlie Pastori. He actually got out of the Broncco business because of a lawsuit, and it left a bad taste in his mouth. To this day he's not super keen on talking about Broncco's because of the sad memories...He also used to own Grand Products for many years, mostly go-kart stuff etc...He certainly knows his stuff.

As for Broncco's...They are simply the BEST mini ever! Nothing else quite like them...One of these I'll take a picture of my complete collection...restorations, survivors, beater bikes etc...

Here is picture of my TX-7 (you can see the kickstand).

markus

Oh, I would love to have pictures of Broncco TX-7 kickstand!!! They should be the same model from TX-4 to TX-7... and there are no kickstands available on the market!
Andrea.

yea, I bought a whole parts bike just to get the missing kickstand for my current TX-6.

This courtesy of Glenn Baine, may be of some help?

yea, I bought a whole parts bike just to get the missing kickstand for my current TX-6.

This courtesy of Glenn Baine, may be of some help?

Thanks Markus.
I've already tried to work with this drawing, but it's for a 2D kickstand and it gives no clue about the spring... I've already contacted Glenn Baine for some detailed pictures of the real part: I hope to be able to build an exact replica of the original one!
Andrea.

I posted this on another thread...

No, that kickstand is original. Everything on that bike is original except the throttle, which is being replaced with an NOS one.

I had a TX-1 kickstand made locally a few years ago and it turned out REALLY nice. In fact if I told people it was original they would believe me. BUT, it cost $75 and it took a long time to make. I'll take a picture of it and send it to you.

If you are really serious about getting a kickstand, you either need to be patient and buy one on ebay or from someone on this board, OR have someone make you one. Other than a clutch/chain guard, I'd say a kickstand is the 2nd hardest part to find on these Broncco's. No one wants to get rid of them...I've offered people $100 before and they said NO! lol...Crazy! So, keep looking and have some patience...