Gemini 50 sst

Hi all
I have been looking for ages and finally found my childhood bike. A Gemini 50 sst. I am looking forward to being a part of your forum.

The bike I have bought is purple. The bike I had when I was amid was orange. I am going to resort the tank and guards and was wondering ifvthepurple was an oe colour. If it was I might respray I purple otherwiseiwill goths orange.

Can anyone advise ?

Aim also looking for a source for some minor parts. Tank decals, light kens and a few other bits and pieces.

Any and all appreciated.

Guy

jrzmac

Hi all
I have been looking for ages and finally found my childhood bike. A Gemini 50 sst. I am looking forward to being a part of your forum.

The bike I have bought is purple. The bike I had when I was amid was orange.
did it look like this?

not mine but, they were sweet looking!! kinda reminds me of my old Fox Thunderbolt.

markus

did it look like this?

not mine but, they were sweet looking!! kinda reminds me of my old Fox Thunderbolt.

those bikes were called scramblers by gemini, a few other companies also used the same bike as well. there was one called a puma, I have seen one listed as a toyoko Masher, and auranthetic also had them modified and sold them as a full on electric called the "charger"

the SST 50cc looks like this:

gemini info

hi mcguyver i know your question was posted some time ago but i can answer some of your questions as i restore old gemini bikes i mainly do the larger sized ones like 125cc and 175cc models but the purple colour of yours is correct , if you go to any panel shop they can use a gadget to tell what tinters etc make up the purple i had my first gemini repainted the original bluey green colour and the only way they could reproduce it was by using theie paint analysing machine they are a candy apple colour , with the badges a company called badge replicas make a reproduction gemini badge not sure if he does the sst ones, as some of the minibikes had either one, last time i purchased gemini ones from him they cost $75.00 each with the purple my personal taste not to my liking my db125 gemini road bike was purple but i chose to paint a candy apple red if you want to see the colours of my bikes i can easily send you pictures by email , also a guy called steve bysouth in melbourne is a mad gemini restorer he has the best collection in all of aus and maybe the world if there are any nos spares needed he more than likely has it he scours the globe buying old stock parts i can give you his email if you like just let me know hope this info helps anymore you want to know just send me a message more than happy to help cheers

gemini 50sst

I have also recently purchased a Gemini 50sst, like yourself was my first bike. Have you had any luck sourcing part as I am after a few myself. I was also wondering if you have any idea how much transmission oil these bikes take? I notice you are in Brisbane which is not to far from me, we maybe able to swap missing parts.

Al

Hi all apologies for the lack of reply. For some reason I didn't get a notification. Anyway my little Gemini 50 sst is almost finished.

Just need to paint the rear guard and still looking for a tank decal that looks like this.

My wife thinks I'm so obsessed with it that she had a cake made of it for my 50 th birthday.

maverick1

That is an awesome cake. The bike looks great. What all did you do to it. If you got any photo's post them. Not many of us Gemini guys out there. Getting ready to rebuild the bottom end on one of mine.The Gemini message board is no longer there. Just a for sale site for all kinds of mini's. The Gemini link has been closed down for a few years. I think it was Gemini Jason's site.