Getting started ?

Hello,I just recently purchased an old Alexander Ronalds minibike. As a kid I was never allowed to have one.excepting the fact that I will never grow up and I have a little money I would like to do something really cool.so this is my first shot.I purchased a predator 212 Engine.I then went to a website and purchased a mikuni stage 1 kit with a predator washer #1057 .the kit include a chain .I had two choices and no idea which one to pick so I picked 40/41 10t. The kit also included a stinger muffler.and purchased a TC2 torque converter kit. I was unaware of this website I wish I had found it earlier.so here I have all this stuff some of it hasn't arrived yet and I'm not sure what I don't have that I'm going to need. If anybody has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well I would just like to say...Welcome Aboard. Are you sure your Alexander Reynolds mini bike takes a 40/41 chain ?

Last edited:
Hello TBeerCheck. Welcome aboard !

There's a bunch of us on here who are re-creating/living their childhood by buying or building the mini bike of their dreams. One turns in to two, then three, then more !!!

Look through the project logs and search on alexander reynolds...Chatten63 restored one last year, that can give you an idea of specifics for yours. I think your chain will end up being a '35' type...because of the sprockets used on these bikes. (check out the one on Chatten63's bike) That's not to say that you could not source a 40/41 sprocket for it though.

We are glad you are here. When you are able, post us up some pictures, so we can see what all you are working with !

Thanks for the welcome.all I'm sure of is that I need a chain I had no idea what size.
Don't let the chain thing throw you...it is kind of a wildcard, and just depends on the 'pitch' of each sprocket involved (that's the distance between the teeth)...in other words, there are some #35 tooth clutches, that use a #35 chain, and would also have a #35 rear sprocket. The same thing can be said regarding #40 or #41...the chain, and each sprocket must all have the same 'pitch' (or distance beetween teeth or links). (some bikes have extra sprockets too, on a jackshaft, and they must match also).

There's a picture around here somewhere, that shows how to determine which size is which, depending on this 'pitch'. I'll find the pic and post it, if someone else does not do it first...

There's a picture around here somewhere, that shows how to determine which size is which, depending on this 'pitch'. I'll find the pic and post it, if someone else does not do it first...
Here you go !

By the way, I copied this picture from a members photo gallery originally, and can't remember who's...possibly Buckeye's ?...anyway thank you to whomever originally provided this.

Last edited:

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Sounds like you have the beginning of a great build.
ARCO'S are great bikes.
I have shared that pic Robert but, I stole it somewhere.