Going racing. Scratch built mini.

So here's the deal. I own a small machine/fab shop and have recently decided to direct it more towards motorcycle fabrication and restoration. I decided I needed to build(and ride) something to show what I can do. I also have been really interested in building a bike for the vintage MX races 100cc class. So here is my plan. Im going to scratch build a mini that will be legal for the 100cc class. The plan is to only use parts that were available in the mid 70's. The frame and fork is going to be built from 1" .120 DOM and fillet brazed. The fork will be a leading link design. The frame and fork will then be nickel or chrome plated. Motor will be a blueprinted KT100 ran through a jackshaft mounted clutch. 2 aspects I havent decided on, which I need to decideon soon soon is; Whether or not to make it a hardtail, and whether to run 8" split rims, or 10" spoked wheels.
I'll start posting pictures tomorrow.

Sounds like a build to follow!

A rear fork and shocks with dem spoked wheels would really set off that 70s look you're wantin for it.

Here's the engine.

I thought about using some Z50 hubs and split rims I have with these tires. 4.80x8 Carlisle's. They come out right at 16" tall. I'm torn on which route to go.

Got a few minutes of "me" time today. Got some of my tubes cut and bent. Have a couple more to do tomorrow, then I need to hit the notcher, and start putting the puzzle together.