golden pinto feeler

I came across a nice survivor,looks to be completely original,with the exception of the engine plate ID tag,and oil fill tube.Has original paint,and rveything else.Would make a great autorama bike,just testing the waters on this$500

Last edited:

markus

I came across a nice survivor,looks to be completely original,with the exception of the engine plate ID tag,and oil fill tube.Has original paint,and rveything else.Would make a great autorama bike,just testing the waters on this
add: tires, grips, throttle, kill button, shocks, foot brake rubber, and the centerstand has been hacked off and a sidestand is rigged on to the "exception" list Don't sweat the oil fill tube, they didnt use it on that version so you good there :thumbsup:

So are you putting a "feeler" out to see if you can flip it before buying it or something :shrug:

A friend wants to sell me an original but faded paint GP, has the ID tag and is complete and original. We straightened the slightly high speed forks on it two days ago on my press. He wants $250 for it and I'm not interested but not because of price, I just do not really like Bird scrub brakes mainly plus the forks are not suspended which I never understood on the Golden Pinto. Not to say that a Bird/Foremost fan might not want to meet that $500 price, you'll know eventually one way or the other.:thumbsup:

Really nice survivor mini bike . But markus is dead on with the parts that are not correct to the bike . Should have Good Year tires . That scrub brake foot rubber pad is one they sell at Auto Zone . I think Mark G had a post on them . Band brake on the clutch was an option . But kill switch , brake lever , seat shocks and kick stand are not original to the bike . With that said , it is still a great bike to save and parts can be had to correct it . If you need pictures , pm me and I can send you some from the survivor I have .

Your bike is exactly the type of Bird Mfg. bike I look for. I love the survivor bikes . The parts not correct do wear out . You can find the correct ones with the right patina to make it complete . Finding one with the original paint , chain guard , fenders , scrub brake , seat and complete motor is a real find . It is nice that you offered it up to collectors .