"Goliath" Mini Tank - Jeep2003 MT2W 2014

Im just about done with the hood now. next ill work on extending the winch handle part that comes up through the hood. Progress has been slow i keep getting interupted by neighbors wanting their cars fixed. maybe some pics tomorrow

The hood is all done and the winch handle. It all worked out really well . now i can move on to the controls . Ill probrobly do the hand brake handles and foot brake first since they are easiest. then ill do the engine cover and console with the shifter then ill do the clutch pedal.

You have a level of ingenuity that is unsurpassed by most people. Been watching this and your past builds for a while and you sir are a champion builder.

Unfortunately I can't see past the 21st page of your build. It shows that there are 23 pages, but if I click on 22 or 23 it brings me back to the 21st page. Even tried clicking the last post button from the BO page. No luck. Well I hope it works next time I am on here, because I don't want to miss the conclusion of your creation.

....and yet my post shows up on the 21st page. Maybe there aren't any pages I am missing. Weird.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

You have a level of ingenuity that is unsurpassed by most people. Been watching this and your past builds for a while and you sir are a champion builder.

Unfortunately I can't see past the 21st page of your build. It shows that there are 23 pages, but if I click on 22 or 23 it brings me back to the 21st page. Even tried clicking the last post button from the BO page. No luck. Well I hope it works next time I am on here, because I don't want to miss the conclusion of your creation.

....and yet my post shows up on the 21st page. Maybe there aren't any pages I am missing. Weird.
I think its from deleted post of members that were "banned"

Looking good Jeep

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words :smile: N8ball I dont think youre missing anything. Iv notice that on alot of threads but I think its just some kind of glitch like toomanytoys said.
Today I got the steering controls done I think itll work fine. I didnt get any pics today. Now Im going to get to work on the engine box and pedals. This is where stuff gets tight and iv got to make everything work around each other. the brake pedal will be easy but the clutch lincage is going to be more complicated. Hopefully i can keep it fairly simple.

Ratbike

....and yet my post shows up on the 21st page. Maybe there aren't any pages I am missing. Weird.[/QUOTE

does the same on my computer but still get all the updated pics...:eek:ut:

good point. id probrobly build it out of steel anyway. but i know those big ball valves arnt cheap. my brother wanted to build a bead blaster with one so hes waiting to find one in the trash :laugh:
What size ball valve are you looking for? we get ball valves for 1/2 inch pipe at work all the time on cores and just throw them in the scrap usually nothing wrong with them :doah: if you want 1, 2 , 3 let me know I know we have at least 4 right now still mounted on cores:thumbsup:

1/2" are too small . My best friend is a plumber and my x boss does plumbing all the time so I can get them from those guys if I decide to build one like that. But thanks for the offer Papa :thumbsup:
Today I roughly made the engine box and started on the shifter. I just used 1/2" plywood that should help dampen some engine noise but ill probrobly have to do some heat shielding so it doesnt catch on fire around the exhaust.

I got the shifter done and the console made. its a snowblower chute like the headlight buckets lol i had quite a collection. I think itll work fine once all bolted in tight. i had to figure out how much throw i needed on the shifter compared to the trans to get the detents right . I didnt figure out what gauges and switches im going to use on the console so ill save that for later. I started on the pedals and got the brake pedal almost done. Its for the brake on the transaxle then iv got one one each axle for the steering. I know it all just looks like a cobbled together pile of scrap metal but itll come together in the end :laugh: Also you can see my steering leavers and the brackets to hold the tops of the brake belts. Im thinking I should be done with the fab work by the end of the month . I hope so because im sick of it :2guns:

Ratbike

. Im thinking I should be done with the fab work by the end of the month . I hope so because im sick of it :2guns:

Keep going brotha...!!!! Huge undertaking!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

yea it was just one of those days :laugh: I figured out what to do for the side door latches. The problem i had with the latches im going to use is when they were latched they kinda pulled the door open. and i didnt want to make a catch out farther because it would catch on trees and stuff. So I figured Id inlay the latch. already did one side. No pics today but youll see what I mean. Another thing i have to do is run the fuel lines and wires to the tail lights . i have some hard line I was going to see if i can snake it through the frame rail . But i may just make a little center tunnel I think that will be a whole lot easier and more better

Heres the inlayed latches and center tunnel. After i made it I realized the seat needs to sit there :doah: So i notched the bottom of it for the tunnel and it will work . Also I finished the brake pedal. I think the caliper plungers are stuck so iv got to free them up when i get the trans out. Then i started on the clutch system. found a belt thatll work but iv got to change the dipstick back to the short one that was on it . So thats the next thing and id like to get the other track done in the next few days

Hey Jeep, keep going. You have the rapt attention of an international community of small motor heads not to mention the admiration. It's going to be fabulous. You're gonna be popular in the 4th of July parades!!

Doc

Man you must go through a lot of welding wire
:laugh: Probrobly only about 5 pounds or so. I did go through a tank of co2. I think it takes almost 2 tanks per 10lb roll. But its only $18. a tank and $24. a roll so its not too bad. Better than bolting and riveting everything together like back in the day :laugh: If I actually tried to make decent welds im sure id use alot less :grind: Probrobly went through about 15 cut-off wheels and a few on the 14" chop saw. trashed 10 or 15 drill bits mostly on the tracks. But theyre resharpenable most of the time. It makes all the difference to chose the right tool for the job. Everything lasts alot longer

:laugh: Probrobly only about 5 pounds or so. I did go through a tank of co2. I think it takes almost 2 tanks per 10lb roll. But its only $18. a tank and $24. a roll so its not too bad. Better than bolting and riveting everything together like back in the day :laugh: If I actually tried to make decent welds im sure id use alot less :grind: Probrobly went through about 15 cut-off wheels and a few on the 14" chop saw. trashed 10 or 15 drill bits mostly on the tracks. But theyre resharpenable most of the time. It makes all the difference to chose the right tool for the job. Everything lasts alot longer
I switched my mig polarity & wire to flux core for my current project- gas is a non-issue and it's usually a bit more forgiving with dirty metal (like you, I use a lot of scraps). The welds aren't as pretty and it spews sparks everywhere, though.

BTW the tank looks good I cannot wait to see this thing roll!