"Goliath" Mini Tank - Jeep2003 MT2W 2014

I got it running today after a battle with the fuel pump situation. I put on the pump from the 18hp kawasaki I just got at the back right under the tank. All nice and tidy . Started it up and It was getting too much fuel. Over powering the float needle. So I put on a weaker one i have. Still wasnt working. So I had to make it like I did on my mini Jeep where it flows past the carb inlet and back into the line before the pump. I didnt want to run another line all the way to the back so I put the pump in the console. that way theres only 1 line to the back and 3 up to the carb. Seems to work now. The transaxle seemed to be acting a little funky but i didnt get a chance to really test it so thats next. Also have to finish hooking up the hand brakes so i can test that too. I have to clean up the rear wheels and finish one of the drive cogs before i can put the tracks on.

Have you seen if your drive system is going to work?? I'm super interested if it will!! And that little tank looks fantastic. I like the German cross, simple, and very authentic looking, if you where to add anything else like font do it small. And will your legs get a little roasty toasty there by that engine??

fistfullabar

Have you seen if your drive system is going to work?? I'm super interested if it will!! And that little tank looks fantastic. I like the German cross, simple, and very authentic looking, if you where to add anything else like font do it small. And will your legs get a little roasty toasty there by that engine??
WILL IT WORK???? Man ya better check his threads jeep2003 don't quit :hammer::hack::weld::grind: Hey jeep i see ya went with the bad guys next years build off i wanna see you build a mini replica WW2 Indian War cycle :thumbsup:

yea i went with the bad guys lol :devil2: Iv got alot of german in me so it fits. I have no idea if the drive system will work. thats the fun part :laugh: the only part Im concerned with is the brake rotor drive cogs and how they mesh up with the tracks and the profile of the teeth. I should be able to sculp them to eliminate any binding if it happens. worse case senario id have to get more rotors from the junk yard and try again. and another thing the drive axles maybe not being suported out far enough but i should be able to see them bending right away and if they do ill have to extend out the bearings some more. Fist Iv got serious plans for a board track style minibike. its gonna be a completely from scratch build so i probrobly wont get to it till next year anyway. well see how it goes i may paint it military style :shrug:

Yup its from like an old bob cat skid steer tractor i think. I actually have a smaller one and a larger one too. the little spring loaded button folds down then you can open the cap. Its all brass except for the actual cap part and the knob button on top . its sealed with cork.

I got the rear wheels installed today and put one of the tracks on. Looks really good.
Valleycenterace Iv got a plywood box to surround the engine so the legs will be protected and keep some of the the heat and noise down. For the fonts ill probrobly write Goliath' on the back somewhere and maybe something along the hood scoop. but i dont plan on going crazy with too much writing on it.

Since I never actually tried on the tracks after i shortend them they ended up being a little tight so I had to redrill the holes for the back axle about 1/2" forward. No big deal and I kinda expected it. I used a jack to get the tension where i wanted it and drilled the holes. then did the fine adjustment with the top rear rollers. But it looks good and im working on the second side now. then ill probrobly test drive it and see if it falls to pieces :thumbsup:

UNBELIEVABLE Bryan!! I love the little "X" supports on the hatch doors and that exhaust!! :laugh: I thought it couldnt look any better even with paint....I was wrong!! :thumbsup: