Governor arm porblem

I cut the flap iff of my governor arm so when i put it in the block and put the cotter pin on it, the peice could fly out. Idk how i could secure it in both ways maybe cutting 2 grooves on the inside so a clip could go over it?
View attachment 65288

By the way i finished my engine besides this dumb problem

View attachment 65289

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the gov disabled permanently?
If so, just plug the gov hole.
Why did you cut it off?

I removed the governor internally but i forgot to leave the inner flap on the peice i have shown- you cant remove it because it will slide out you know that-. I cut it off being an idiot. What should i plug the hole with?

buckeye

I don't know the correct term but a allen head screw like is on a clutch set screw. With a little silicon on it.

I don't know the correct term but a allen head screw like is on a clutch set screw. With a little silicon on it.

I tap it ...1/4-20... and run a screw from the outside with loctite...no worries

Thanks. I think i might put threads on the end of the governor shaft where there isnt the cotter pin hole. I will put silicon on it and loctite on the threads and secure it in with a bolt so it doesnt come out.

CarPlayLB

Thanks. I think i might put threads on the end of the governor shaft where there isnt the cotter pin hole. I will put silicon on it and loctite on the threads and secure it in with a bolt so it doesnt come out.

Nooooo! Throw that shaft away! If you dont want to tap it, run a bolt from the inside, put silicone on the outside and run an aircraft nut on it.

I just had experience with the same thing. I backed out the brass gov. fitting with a bit and then tapped it for a plug. Put some tape around it and screw her in. Not only will it be secure but looks good too!!!:thumbsup:

If you don't have a billet rod and flywheel, be very, very careful to not blow her up. :thumbsup:

Ya im actually really cautious about that. I wont ever go full throttle. I will def get billet rod and flywheel along the way. Also buckeye how should i choke this carb, theres no choke and doing it by hand since i just rebuilt it is hard because i also dont have the jetting right. Maybe a cap to put over idk

If you don't have a billet rod and flywheel, be very, very careful to not blow her up. :thumbsup:

I dont feel like starting a new thread because that will be my third post lol but ive done a complete rebuild of my briggs just from research online and youve helped me a bunch

You are welcome. :thumbsup:
Where's the choke?

There is no choke at all. Its an older style carb that you can put an air filter adapter on. Also it has no breather inlet either. Also where can i find a smaller air filter like the one on your white b&s. My big red filter doesnt fit under my minibike