Governor Mod Info Needed

I have a few questions on modifiying the governor on my Tecumseh OHH50 Power Sport motor.....

1) Do i need to get inside and remove all the internal Gov. parts or can i just remove the exterior parts?
2) Does the spring on the carb (that keeps the butterfly closed) have enough force to return the twist throttle control back to the idle position or do i need to rig up another spring?
3) Can anyone post pics of how they connected and mounted there throttle set up without the governor?
Thanks, Ant

1. Its best to remove all the internal parts so it doesnt fly apart at high speed and casue damage.

2.Its always a good idea to put on one or two extra throttle return springs just for good measure.

Im not familiar with your specific engine model, so i cannot help you rig a new throttle. Just wait for more replys.
Good luck:thumbsup:

Im going to agree with what blownengine said, and add this....

I know its not your carb, But this is the best picture that I can do,

You need to have the cable pull the butterfly open, and have the spring pull it closed, I used the exsisting holes, and drilled them just a hair or two bigger to allow the cables to fit in easily, You also must mount the cable to the engine, with a clamp or bracket, to prevent it from moving

Hope this helps a little

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. I have done that with Briggs like yours. I have even ordered the throttle kit for other Briggs motors from kart racing sites. But after searching the net i found no such kit for the Tecumseh's. Not even a pic of someone elses handy work......

GTO had a really nice thread about It, You can adapt what I did to the briggs to any butterfly carb and make it work, My GX110 it the same way as that briggs

Ha yea. I have done a few thing is the basement before when its cold. But i dont have a workbench so its weird to work on stuff and i have to go outside anyway to get the tools. Plus i dont want to right getting gas fumes near the water heater pilot light. :weld::doah::censure: